Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
jamcool
Enthusiast
Liked: 11 times
Full Name: Jason Mount

Adding space to full backup repository

Post by jamcool »

So I have backup repository on a physical server that is nearly full. OS is windows server 2016. The repository resides on a stripped volume in Windows so I cannot extend the size of it without reformatting the volume. I have another disk on the server. Can I add this disk to the existing repository such as having two repositories act as one? Everything I find talks about scale out repositories but I do not think that is what I am wanting here and would require it be setup to start with and it talks about performance tier and capacity tier. The disk are all the same (LUNS from a SAN with spinning disk connection via fiber). We have Enterprise plus edition.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Adding space to full backup repository

Post by veremin »

Can I add this disk to the existing repository such as having two repositories act as one?
No, unless you add both repositories as extents of scale-out backup repositories first, but this should not be that hard:

1. add another disk as backup repository
2. create scale-out backup repository
3. add both repositories as its extents

Scale-Out backup repository currently does not support configuration backup, so, if you are backing up configuration to one of the repositories you're planning to use as sobr extents, just move it to different repository (can be simply a folder dedicated to this task) before step 2.

Thanks!