Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
rreed
Veteran
Liked: 72 times

Report Column Sort

Post by rreed »

Morning, all. Demo'ing ONE v9 here, In pretty much any/all reports I need to sort by column headers. It looks like in only a couple reports you can sort maybe by VM name, but I really need to be able to sort by value column (GB, name, etc.). Is my install broken, or ? How do I enable sorting by column in the reports please?
VMware 6
Veeam B&R v9
Dell DR4100's
EMC DD2200's
EMC DD620's
Dell TL2000 via PE430 (SAS)
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Report Column Sort

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Some reports indeed do not have an ability to sort within the column. In the upcoming 9.5 version we have added sorting to new reports (where it makes sense), so it's worth re-visiting these reports. On a side note, I will log a FR for the next updates to make sorting available for all columns.
rreed
Veteran

Post by rreed »

Yes please, thank you. ETA on 9.5 please? I'm familiarizing myself w/ v9 right now in demo mode and would like to put our best foot forward when presenting to management for purchase request inside of two weeks here.
VMware 6
Veeam B&R v9
Dell DR4100's
EMC DD2200's
EMC DD620's
Dell TL2000 via PE430 (SAS)
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

9.5 should be available very soon, together with the release of Veeam B&R 9.5
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov »

Hello rreed,
As Vitaliy said some reports have sorting options either inside the report or in the report options.
Could you give some examples where you are missing the sort?
Thanks!
pirx
Veeam Legend

Post by pirx »

I just found this old thread. I often struggle when I need a excel report from Veeam One as most of the reports have fancy formatting. Is there any way to just export the data as a simple excel file with headers and leave out the other stuff?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi pirx,

Not at the moment, as the export is performed by either SSRS or ReportViewer (from MSFT) with all formating from the web-based report version. On a side note, what kind of data do you want to export? Will exposing this data via RESTful APIs help in your case?

Thanks!
pirx
Veeam Legend

Post by pirx »

I didn't look into RESTful API. I'm currently looking into the different reports that report the backup states for VM's, like daily protection status. Most of the reports have combined cells and they are grouped by job or location. To be able to sort this, I always need to delete rows and columns.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Well, there are no APIs to return data you're asking for, but I was thinking if that would be useful in the future to integrate Veeam ONE reporting into 3rd party systems.