Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
E.Kok
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Ed Kok

Scheduling several replication jobs at a different time

Post by E.Kok »

Hi,

I have several replication-jobs running every two hours.
To spread bandwidth utilisation it would be nice if they would not start all together at the same time. If I remember correctly this was different in V5. They would start when committed and then again after two hours. Now they all start at the same whole hour and then all together again after the next two hours.

Is there something I can do about this?

Ed
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: Scheduling several replication jobs at a different time

Post by Gostev »

Hi, this was no different in v5, but now with v6 you can control this by setting the target proxy to the desired amount of concurrent tasks. Thanks.
E.Kok
Enthusiast

Post by E.Kok »

Is this also true if all Veeam-services are on the same single server?

I had this setting on '2' but all my jobs start at the same time.
The setting is in the properties of "VMware Backup Proxy" right? Isn't this just voor backup-jobs? My jobs are replication-jobs.

Ed
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

Yes, this settings is for backup proxy, not job. Backup proxies are used to run all types of jobs, including restore jobs (this is covered in the sticky FAQ topic).
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

This setting is for all kinds of jobs and applies to the case where all Veeam services are running on the same server. Maybe you have some additional proxy servers and all the jobs are distributed between them. Or some of them are started but do nothing waiting for the available resource. You can check what's going on by tracking the real-time statistics of each job during their run.
E.Kok
Enthusiast

Post by E.Kok »

foggy wrote:This setting is for all kinds of jobs and applies to the case where all Veeam services are running on the same server. Maybe you have some additional proxy servers and all the jobs are distributed between them. Or some of them are started but do nothing waiting for the available resource. You can check what's going on by tracking the real-time statistics of each job during their run.
Ahh, "during their run" :oops:
I checked the log several times but now I kept the statistics open and now I saw it happening:

The status in the left pane stayed on 'pending' while in the right pane the action showed "Resource not ready: VI proxy". After some time this changed to: "Required resources have been assigned".

After the job has finished this waiting-period is no longer to be found in the logs exept for the long duration time.

Thanks for clearing this up,

Ed