Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
htwnrva
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: Ronny

Veeam backups fill up vCenter logs

Post by htwnrva »

This may be more of a vCenter issue but does anyone know how to exclude the snapshot info from filling up the vCenter gui logs? We run Veeam under a specific user account so it may be as easy as suppressing that user account from showing in the vCenter tasks and/or events view. Since deploying Veeam it's pretty much impossible to troubleshoot anything using vCenter tasks or events view because every night it's filled with snapshots and disk leases.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Veeam backups fill up vCenter logs

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Ronny, I've looked through all available options in vCenter Server, and it doesn't look like there is anything like that. Have you tried searching on VMware Community Forums?

Out of curiosity, what do you troubleshoot with those tasks and events? Do you have any monitoring tool?
lach
Lurker
Full Name: Svyatoslav Lachuzhnikov

Veeam "continuous task" and event logging

Post by lach »

[merged]

How to prevent vCenter "recent task" window from spam events of Veeam Replication Task started in "continuous mode" ?
Any idea?

Thanks!
hugage
Lurker

Post by hugage »

I have the same question / issue. Has anyone came up with a solution?
hugage
Lurker

Post by hugage »

Just to follow up. Contacted support and told me this is a vsphere issue and blew me off.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

I wouldn't say that it is an "issue" as vCenter Server simply has to log every events and especially snapshot creation tasks. These events might be required for auditing and troubleshooting purposes, so if there is no way to adjust this behavior within a vCenter Server, then I'm afraid there is little we can do from our side.