Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
Almaz_SP
Influencer
Liked: 1 time

Tenant leftovers after removing self service tenant

Post by Almaz_SP »

Hi, Veeamers!

My setup:
VBR+EM+vCloud Director

As a SP we create tenants in vCloud Director and add tenant quota in the EM self service portal for the vCloud Director organization, once the customer decides to leave we remove both vCD organization and EM Self Service tenant quota record. I just noticed that depending on what was used to add the customer organization (vspherv\center or cloud director) we have different set of options removing quota from self service.

If vsphere\vcenter is used, we have option to remove jobs and backups along with quoate as for:
https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... ml?ver=110

However, if vCLoud Director is used, we don't have any options at all besides removing just quota record:

As a test I removed test organization from vCloud Director and corresponding self service tenant quoata record from self service and I see that job created in the tenant portal still remains in the VBR and attempts to backup missing vCloud Director organization. That means that whenever we remove a client organization quota we have to go to corresponding VBR linked to the EM and manually remove client's jobs and backups. Considering that the service is targeted to SPs it looks strange, is it really how it is or I'm missing something here? Thank you in advance
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2273 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Tenant leftovers after removing self service tenant

Post by Mildur »

Hi Almaz

Yes, when you remove the configuration, I would expect Veeam to clean up all configurations.
Let me check that in my lab and with our team.

Thanks
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
Almaz_SP
Influencer

Post by Almaz_SP »

Hi Fabian,

Any news? Just checked and I see my test job still being present after vCD org and VSPC tenant removal and it's failing trying to backup what doesn't exist anymore and occupying space with old backups.
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2273 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Post by Mildur »

Hi Almaz

Still researching the topic with our team.
I let you know when I have more information.

Thanks
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2257 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin » 2 people like this post

It seems that the background specification (for tenant job and backup removal) was implemented for both vSphere and Cloud Director portals. However, the UI was delivered only for the former solution.

We have tracked this issue internally and are planning to address it in the post-v12 minor release.

Thanks for raising this; much appreciated.
Almaz_SP
Influencer

Post by Almaz_SP »

Thank you guys for checking that for me, this missing feature is higly anticipated, looking forward to the update.