PowerShell script exchange
woifgaung
Veeam Software
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Wolfgang Scheer

Request for documentation "jobtype" in v12

Post by woifgaung »

I found out there is at least one new value for "jobtype" in cmdlet Get-VBRBackup: "PerVmParentBackup". It seems to be the jobtype for existing backup (pre v12) jobs with converted backup chain and new backup jobs created in v12. Before conversion type was "backup". Since I did not found this change in documentation, I request that this be included in the documentation.
To make matters more complicated, this seems not be the case in every cmdlet. Get-VBRBackupSession seems still be happy with "backup" type.
Wolfgang | vnote42.net | @vNote42
oleg.feoktistov
Veeam Software
Liked: 636 times
Full Name: Oleg Feoktistov

Re: Request for documentation "jobtype" in v12

Post by oleg.feoktistov »

JobType is a property of CBackup class that gets returned with Get-VBRBackup cmdlet, not a cmdlet parameter. And since CBackup is an internal class that exposes business logic, I don't think it's a good idea to describe it in the guide. We have plans to write wrappers with fixed properties for CBackup and other core classes like CBackupJob, CBackupRepository, CBackupSession etc. for one of the future releases. Then we could describe them in the guide instead. Thanks for the feature request!