Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
hayliz
Service Provider
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Abdull

change sobr with capacity tier in vcloud environment

Post by hayliz »

Hello all,

we have a case where we need to change our scale out repository with capactiy tier and add a new one and want to move the old/existing backup jobs to the new scale out repository. For this we found this guide https://community.veeam.com/blogs-and-p ... endor-2351.

First of all our setup:
- vCloud Director environment with Veeam self service plugin.
- Scalout repository with capacity tier (copy to)

Option 1 and 2 are understandable. For option 2 we noticed the following.

Option 2 mentions that the "old" backup jobs should be deactivated and copied to the new scaleout repository. This is also understandable.

In Enterprise Manager under Configuration -> self service -> vCloud the tenants are displayed. The "old" scaleout repository is also displayed in the tenants, which would also have to be changed. The "Repository" area is grayed out and cannot be edited. Unfortunately I have not found a way to edit the target repository.

I found the Veeam article https://helpcenter.veeam.com/archive/ba ... tings.html where you have to change the template. I have also done this, unfortunately this did not work.

Is there another way to change this or am I doing something wrong here?

Thank you all in advance.
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: change sobr with capacity tier in vcloud environment

Post by HannesK » 1 person likes this post

Hello,
I'm not 100% sure what you did and which parts you migrated, but I try to answer your question :-)

All jobs you can see in Enterprise Manager / vCloud self service portal also exist in the VBR console. In the VBR console you can switch the repository. If not, please provide a support case number with more details.

Best regards,
Hannes
hayliz
Service Provider
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Abdull

Re: change sobr with capacity tier in vcloud environment

Post by hayliz »

Thank you for your reply.
The situation has cleared up. It was a misunderstanding.