Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
tmoehle
Influencer
Liked: 3 times

Re: Configuration backup notification seems to use a different SMTP TLS validation check from other notification

Post by tmoehle »

After solving this problem a few months ago by re-creating the Veeam Self-Signed Certificate the problem just reappeared for me. It also exists in Veeam One, so I am not receiving monitoring emails as well. I tried updating to the latest patch, that @Mildur just referred to, but unfortunately the problem persists.
Luca Marohn
Service Provider
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Luca Marohn

Re: Configuration backup notification seems to use a different SMTP TLS validation check from other notification

Post by Luca Marohn »

Can confirm, the KB4420 does resolve issues on servers where VBR loops endlessly on checking the cert.
Nestea1
Influencer
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Nestea1

Post by Nestea1 »

Can also confirm, endless Loop does not appear after newest Patch.
But Certificate (from Google SMTP) still happens after times.
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2296 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Post by Mildur »

Hi guys

It seems that we fixed one part of the issue. But the main cause requires more changes which are planned to be delivered with V12a.
Let me check again in our system.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
georgi.yankov
Influencer
Liked: never

Post by georgi.yankov »

Applied the mentioned update.
Mail was working after "trusting" the certificate before that.
Then, the Lets Encrypt certificate got renewed.
Veeam now fails again to send mails.
Go to SMTP Settings, re-apply, got prompted again for Not Trusted certificate being installed on the remote Postfix server...

This is on Veeam B&R 12.0.0.1420 P20230718.
tmoehle
Influencer
Liked: 3 times

Post by tmoehle »

@ Mildur / Fabian
The problem also exists in Veeam ONE, btw. So maybe you can share your progress on that issue with the other team.
Nestea1
Influencer
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Nestea1

Post by Nestea1 »

Some Updates with Version Veeam B&R 12.1?
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2296 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Post by Mildur » 1 person likes this post

Hi Nestea1

The SMTP module was reworked for v12.1. It also solves the SMTP thumbprint issue from this topic.
All Bug IDs regarding these issues are marked as fixed with v12.1.

Please update to v12.1. If you still face the same issue, open a support and let me know the case number.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software