Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
macwinuxit
Lurker
Liked: never

Where do I get v.5.x of the product?

Post by macwinuxit »

My company subsidiary purchased Veeam Backup last month, at which point it was v.5.x. Our license files indicate that is indeed the version. I am now out here on travel trying to install it, and A. the license doesn't work with the current v.6.x download (not surprising), and B. the older download for v.5.x is nowhere to be found.

Can someone point me to where I can get the version 5 download?

I love Veeam (have been using it awhile back home) but this is really aggravating that's it's difficult to find older versions, especially since I'm under a time crunch.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Where do I get v.5.x of the product?

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello,

Older versions are no longer available, but you can try to get it through our support team. On top of that, I strongly recommend you to upgrade your existing license key and deploy v6, since it has so many new features and improvements that would help you run your backup/replication jobs much faster.

Thanks!
Shogan

Post by Shogan »

macwinuxit,

If you don't come right with a copy via support, drop me a message and I could get the last build of 5 (Trial download, x64) uploaded to dropbox and give you a download link. You'll obviously need to apply your own license :)

Cheers,
Sean
macwinuxit
Lurker

Post by macwinuxit »

I really spoke too soon and should have contacted support first, because Ed in Veeam support was extremely friendly and helpful, and assisted me with getting the right keys through my counterpart's portal, and I got the newest version! It's happily running backups, and my setup is complete!

I guess I'm so used to not getting good service from other companies that it takes me off-guard when I do get good service. :lol:

Thanks Veeam; not only is your product better than the other guys' product I switched from, but the support is superior as well.
JoshF
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Josh

Post by JoshF »

Given the terrible amounts of troubles we're having with 6, I would have thought support would have prefferred providing access to 5.0.2 for some time to come..
Shogan

Post by Shogan »

JoshF wrote:Given the terrible amounts of troubles we're having with 6, I would have thought support would have prefferred providing access to 5.0.2 for some time to come..
Josh, what issues have you been having?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6646 times

Post by Gostev »

Hi Sean, I see Joshua having 2 support cases on VSS issues, and 1 support case on synthetic full failing. All look to be still under investigation.
Note that I keep track of all confirmed known issues in the sticky topic on this forum (all that generated more than 1 support case). Thanks.
JoshF
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Josh

Post by JoshF »

I actually have a multitude of other minor issues that I haven't had time to raise as yet, however I love how we overlook that one of these VSS cases is that we cannot restore some services successfully from our backups, like Domain Controllers. Nothing important or anything..
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6646 times

Post by Gostev »

Let's hope that they will get resolved in a timely manner. Specifically to your VSS issues, going back to v5 is unlikely to help because the in-guest VSS component is one of a few things that did not change in v6. Besides, you are the only one reporting this kind of VSS issues with v6 at this time - so all signs point to environmental issue.
George
Influencer
Full Name: George

V5 Installation Pack

Post by George »

[merged]

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know where i can download or grab the V5 Installation pack?