Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
AlbMin
Novice
Liked: 3 times

SureBackup

Post by AlbMin »

Hello,

B&R 6.1.
In the documentation I find this: "If you assign a proxy appliance an IP address from the same network where the Veeam Backup server is located, Veeam Backup & Replication will automatically add a new route to the routing table on the Veeam Backup server."

If this route is added, the Veeam Backup server is no more accessible from the production network and the Job failed with this error message: "A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond."

If I immediately delete this route manually (route delete...), all works fine, so I ask myself. Why this route is added?

Thanks
AlbMin
Cokovic
Veteran
Liked: 59 times
Full Name: Haris Cokovic

Re: SureBackup

Post by Cokovic »

The route is needed as your backup server else can't perform the checks like ping or scripted checks. How else should the backup server reach your VM within the isolated environment?

Have setup many labs here and never had a problem with routing setup. Maybe you should Veeam give a call to assist you over Webex or by taking a look into your logfiles.
AlbMin
Novice
Liked: 3 times

Re: SureBackup

Post by AlbMin »

Thank you,

I´d opened a call by Veeam.