Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting
ldplusse
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Lars Kuhlmann

Event entries missing.

Post by ldplusse »

I just install the Monitor in trial version.
But when i choose a virtual server and go under "Events", then I can see event for that machine, I can select the date and everything seems to work.
But there are some events which can be seen with VI client that is not in monitor. and it also appears that the time of Veeam Monitor Events are about 30 seconds later than in the VI client.

I connect to the VC 2.5 with the same user in the VI Client as the Monitor.

Why does monitor not show all events as the VI Client can see?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: Event entries missing.

Post by Gostev »

Hello Lars, yes Veeam Monitor does not collect all events by default, only the most important ones. This is done to reduce the amount of processed data. You can find more details about events gathered by default, and about adding additional VC events to Veeam Monitor in the following thread.
ldplusse
Novice

Post by ldplusse »

Thanks.

But by my understanding of the "EventTypes" registry fix. You only added one (VmMigratedEvent) new listning, that is not in there by default.
I need every alarm/event that has something to do with Snapshots and storage space.

Does the registry fix do this, or is there some other types that need to be added?
Or maybe just a way to enable "SHOW ALL"

Lars Kuhlmann
ldplusse
Novice

Post by ldplusse »

i stil have some events that is not visible from Monitor.
In VI Client i can se "There is no more space for the redo log of xxx.." this is marked as s "Info" type. but this is not in the Monitor.
In VIC i have a Task "Remove Snapshot" with a status of "Operation Timed Out." This i what i need to detect in Monitor. I can't see this in the "Events" of the VI Client, because the date is June 21 and it only goes back to jun 23.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

Lars, please open the support case and we will provide you with complete list of events. We have a spreadsheet with all existing VC events that you can import to registry.

Also, "Remove Snapshot" task should be captured with Veeam Monitor by default, since we are using this event in our event correllation feature.