Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
mark.harre
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Mark Harre

UUID/mac address conflict after 6.1 update

Post by mark.harre »

Hi,

We recently upgraded from veeam 6.0 to 6.1 and everything went well and all our backups and replications are working however we now get UUID and mac address conflict errors in the vCenter logs during every replication. Although this doesn't cause the job to fail it is annoying to see the errors popping up every day. I looked back through the logs and the error only started the day we upgraded. Did anything change in this version to cause this?

We opened a case with veeam [ID#5206088] but they were no help - insisting that is was a VMware issue despite this not occurring prior to the Veeam upgrade.

I saw another thread regarding VM migrations with the same conflicts but no suggestions on how to fix or suppress the error.
Has anyone else experienced this?

regards,
Mark
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: UUID/mac address conflict after 6.1 update

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Mark,

Our support team is correct, this behavior has nothing to do with the upgrade to 6.1, as these messages are triggered by VMware when you have two identical VMs registered in the VI. If you're using Veeam ONE to monitor your environment, you can disable these alarms on replicated VMs.

Thanks!
mark.harre
Influencer

Post by mark.harre »

thx for the reply,

no we don't use Veeam One - we monitor vCenter directly.

I still find it strange that we didn't have these conflicts prior to the upgrade of Veeam. Nothing else was changed. So why are we getting them now?

regards,
Mark
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6647 times

Post by Gostev »

No idea. May be you simply did not mention them before. May be you had older vCenter server version. May be you did not use replication. Can be guessing forever... what really matter is, as you can see from the above-referenced topic, people were getting these warnings back 1.5 years ago (B&R v5 times), so this certainly has nothing to deal with your 6.1 upgrade :D
mark.harre
Influencer

Post by mark.harre »

no need for the sarcasm Anton.

If UUID and Mac address conflicts are normal and to be expected during a Veeam replication then just say so.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6647 times

Post by Gostev »

We did "just say so". Vitaly stated this very thing in the first response.

But you responded "still strange", and implied you still believe this is connected to 6.1 upgrade of Veeam.
I then gave you proof that this was always the case (and I am not sure what you find sarcastic about my reply?)