Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
pottre11
Lurker
Liked: never

File Restore Ignoring Restore Points

Post by pottre11 »

Hi,

Quick question regarding restoration of files from a guest (Windows OS).

We suffered drive failure and managed to restore the VM using Veeam, which was fantastic, no problems at all. We are however having an issue with ensuring the latest data is available on that server.

We can see on the NAS where the Veeam backups are stored that there are increments dating up to the 4th of August

The backup set does have a red ! mark but I cannot find any reason for this, the latest backup it will let me select is the 27th of July.

Here are the files within the NAS as listed, you can see the increments etc..

Apologies if any rules have been broken, the panic has started to set in, is there any way that we can force Veeam to utilise those files? I think it's down to the fact that the last VBK file is the 27th, im not sure why there isn't one since then!

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated, again my apologies if any forum rules have been broken!
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: File Restore Ignoring Restore Points

Post by Gostev »

Hi, you need to include support case ID as explained when you click New Topic, as obviously screenshots alone is not enough to troubleshoot any issue. It is essential that you open a support case and submit support log package to let our technical staff take a look.

I would probably try to import VBK from July 28 instead of selecting VBM, and see if that helps.

Thanks!