Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
icebun
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time

Purchasing additonal licences

Post by icebun »

I have got a 8 processor VMware licence and bought another 2 processor licence the other week.

When I tried to install the new licence I found out the only way to do this is to merge the 2 separate licences together which is fine.

However, the problem is that the maintenance date used is always the earliest one.

When I queried this with my reseller they forwarded this onto Veeam who responded as follows:-

"You are right, we do not cut paid support for licenses. Based on our data – the customer renewed 8 sockets in April 2012, what extended support for them till May 2013. In August 2012 the customer purchased 2 additional sockets with 1 year support – till August 2013.

As for the date in the merged license file – it is May 2013, as in case of license merge for contracts with different end dated – we merge licenses with earliest date, but keep tracking support for each contract/purchase separately till it will be co-termed (if needed). Therefore no support is “cut”.

So does that mean my renewal for 2013 will be in April but adjusted accordingly (co-termed) to take into account my 3 months on the other licence?

On the Veeam licence page, it makes reference to liaising with the reseller for further options but I really don't think there is any.

Any advice would be helpful.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Purchasing additonal licences

Post by foggy »

icebun wrote:So does that mean my renewal for 2013 will be in April but adjusted accordingly (co-termed) to take into account my 3 months on the other licence?
I believe so, but it's definitely better to specify this with your sales rep.