Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
BackDatAsciUp
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Hubert Thom

Show disable time for disabled jobs

Post by BackDatAsciUp »

When disabling jobs, under the "Next Run" column the job time changes to <Disabled>, which is fine, but can it also include the date/time the job was disabled? i.e. <Disabled>8/23/2012 12:03 pm?

The reason I ask is, in my corporate environment we decommission several VMs and our current decommission process states we should disable the job just in case a server was accidentally decommissioned. Well after a month has passed we're pretty sure the job is no longer needed and would like to delete the associated backup files. If we were able to look at the time the job was disabled, we could go back and clean up these jobs. Thank you and continue the great work with this product!
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: Show disable time for disabled jobs

Post by Gostev »

I recommend that you put this type of information in the job's description field.
BackDatAsciUp
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Hubert Thom

Post by BackDatAsciUp »

Gostev wrote:I recommend that you put this type of information in the job's description field.
Gostev, I think you know as well as I do that not every employee in the department is a stickler for details as the person who actually manages the Veeam appliances.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

That is true :)
dellock6
VeeaMVP
Liked: 1928 times
Full Name: Luca Dell'Oca

Post by dellock6 »

BackDatAsciUp wrote: Gostev, I think you know as well as I do that not every employee in the department is a stickler for details as the person who actually manages the Veeam appliances.
[BOFH mode on] if you do not trust your colleagues, do not give them access to critical consoles like Veeam Backup :P
Luca Dell'Oca
Principal EMEA Cloud Architect @ Veeam Software

@dellock6
https://www.virtualtothecore.com/
vExpert 2011 -> 2022
Veeam VMCE #1