Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
zbarre
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Christophe

Virtual Lab Manager pending status

Post by zbarre »

Hello everyone,

I'm have to restore a mailbox from my exchange 2010 server, so i'm choosing to restore from backup "application items", "microsoft exchange".
i'm choosing a duration for the lab of 4hours, entering the correct Global Catalog, the mailbox to restore... and the correct restore point.

But when i'm opening the Virtual Lab Manager, i can see my job but it says in pending status , with "Not ready " in the Remaining Collumn.
How can i resolve this problem?

Thanks you for your help.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Virtual Lab Manager pending status

Post by foggy »

Christophe, please review the U-AIR workflow described in the sticky FAQ topic. Thanks.
zbarre
Novice

Post by zbarre »

foggy wrote:Christophe, please review the U-AIR workflow described in the sticky FAQ topic. Thanks.
Thanks you Foggy, i didn't know i had to use Entreprise Manager to approve this kind of restore.
So i ve approved my job , checked the email server is correct, as the restore point, but in the SureBackup Job everything is blank so i cant click on next.
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

zbarre wrote:Thanks you Foggy, i didn't know i had to use Entreprise Manager to approve this kind of restore.
In a small environment you can use simplified U-AIR workflow skipping the step of creating and approving the virtual lab request. This is described in the product user guide in detail.
zbarre wrote:So i ve approved my job , checked the email server is correct, as the restore point, but in the SureBackup Job everything is blank so i cant click on next.
I'm not sure I understand what "Next" exactly you are referring to. Could you clarify, please (maybe screenshot will help)?
zbarre
Novice

Post by zbarre »

foggy wrote: In a small environment you can use simplified U-AIR workflow skipping the step of creating and approving the virtual lab request. This is described in the product user guide in detail.
I'm not sure I understand what "Next" exactly you are referring to. Could you clarify, please (maybe screenshot will help)?
Please find the screeshot. As you can see i've no choice.
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

Do you have the corresponding SureBackup job configured on the Veeam backup server? I would recommend to review the U-AIR user guide for better understanding of the process.
Cokovic
Veteran
Liked: 59 times
Full Name: Haris Cokovic

Post by Cokovic »

Lab request isn't creating the lab for you. Depending on what you want to do you have to create the application group, the virtual lab and the job manually on the Veeam server itself. If you've done this you can fire up your SureBackup Job and use the U-Air wizards directly from the Veeam server.
zbarre
Novice

Post by zbarre »

Hello,
I've taken time to read the user guide of Backup&Replication, and to watch videos on the Veeam Website.

1-I've created a application group nammed "exchange" with only my two emails servers inside.
2- i've created too a Virtual Lab
3- i've created a surebackup Job which include the "exchange application group created previously", not linked to a backup job.

But when i execute this surebackup job , i've an error . i don't understand why.
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

Hard to guess without reviewing the log files. Please open a support case and provide logs for investigation as forum rules require when posting about technical issues.
zbarre
Novice

Post by zbarre »

OK i'll do it.
Thanks you foggy
Cokovic
Veteran

Post by Cokovic »

Support should be able to help you. But at least i would guess that you will need a DC and DNS server within your lab for your Exchange servers to come up correctly.
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

zbarre wrote:1-I've created a application group nammed "exchange" with only my two emails servers inside.
Ah, yes, I completely missed that fact..
zbarre
Novice

Post by zbarre »

i've added one more server (DC and DNS) in the application group .
It sill doesn't work, it is very weird, in all differents tests i've made only the first VM is able to start correctly, the others failed.
Cokovic
Veteran

Post by Cokovic »

Hard to tell as we dont know your production environment.

Is your DC / DNS first to start in your lab?
Do you use different subnets / VLANs? If so did you tick the box to route traffic between these subnets / VLANs?
The DC / DNS that you've added is it the same the Exchange server is using in your production environment? Is this DNS server entered as a DNS in the network config of your Exchange?
Maybe you have to raise the maximum allowed boot time and the application initialization timeout.

And so on and so on. Really hard to guess here. Best would really be to have a Webex session with Veeam support to assist you with this.