Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
xadamz23
Influencer
Liked: 3 times

Moving Management Console and Database to new Server

Post by xadamz23 »

Hello,

I want to put the actual management interface and database on a dedicated server. I will not be using it as a proxy at all, just for management of jobs. I have the server ready, restored the Veeam database, installed Veeam. However I already had 2 other proxies and they are showing as "Unavailable". When I try and rescan them I get the following error:

9/10/2012 2:07:34 PM Fail Disks and volumes discovery for Windows server 'vmbak3.rhsnet.org' failed Error: Access is denied
RPC function call failed. Function name: [GetSvcVersion]. Target machine: [10.254.23.14].

I can successfully add new proxies, but the 2 existing ones dont seem to be communicating correctly. Do I need to remove them and then readd them? I really hope not because Veeam wont let me remove the proxies until the jobs that use them are modified.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Moving Management Console and Database to new Server

Post by foggy »

Hello! Try to re-enter credentials specified to connect to those proxies (right-click the proxy, select Properties > Credentials).

Also, please be noted that it is a mandatory requirement to include support case ID when posting about any technical issues (as explained when you click New Topic). Please include the support case ID if you'd like to keep this topic open. Thank you!