Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
kevinnaughton
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Kevin Naughton

Error: Client error: No such host is known

Post by kevinnaughton »

Opened support case 5215244 but maybe someone here can help more quickly.

I just set up Veeam B&R in a new environment. Ran full backups of 6 VMs over the weekend. Noticed I forgot to turn on guest file system indexing, so modified the job to add that. Now the first incremental (forward) job is failing. Watching the Action pane while the job runs it shows everything running normally with all green checks. Gets to 100%. And then it changes the last hard disk to a red X, adds error and the job is failed.

Code: Select all

Error: Client error: no such host is known
The B&R server is in a remote location from the VMs. The location where the VMs reside has a physical box on the same LAN as the VMs running the repository and proxy.

Is it because I added indexing? Do I need to run a new full before I can do incremental backups now?
Sethbartlett
Veteran
Liked: 26 times
Full Name: Seth Bartlett

Re: Error: Client error: No such host is known

Post by Sethbartlett »

This means one of the agents cannot talk to another agent typically. After looking at your logs, this means that your target agent is trying to connect to your Veeam box by IP address and is getting this error.
Skype: Sethbartlett88 - Make sure to label who you are and why you want to add me ;)
Twitter: @sethbartlett
If my post was helpful, please like it. Sometimes twitter is quicker to hit me up if you need me.
kevinnaughton
Enthusiast

Post by kevinnaughton »

Thanks Seth. It's the firewall in between. When I opened it the job worked. I sent an update to the open ticket and requested a list of ports that need to be opened between components.

Thanks!
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

The list of required ports is available in the user guide.
kevinnaughton
Enthusiast

Post by kevinnaughton »

Got it, thanks.