Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
knanf
Lurker
Liked: never

reporting

Post by knanf »

Hi all,

we are running Veeam B&R 6.1.0.205.
Since now we are just using replication (we replicate 50 VMs from one Datacenter to another).

Is there a possibility to get a report over all our replication-jobs and VMs, including the information start time, end time, duration, total size, data read, transferred, backup size, dedupe and compression, which i can export as csv?

We want to get a good overview for overlapping replication-jobs and a summary of the total data transferred in one night (from one site to the other). We are also using Veeam One.
Can you also tell me, what a dedupe of 1,0x and a compression 1,0x mean? We have one job, that says data read was 9,2 GB and transferred was 5,4 GB. The dedupe is 1,0x and the compression is also 1,0x.

thank you very much.

greetings
florian
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2722 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: reporting

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Florian,
knanf wrote:Is there a possibility to get a report over all our replication-jobs and VMs, including the information start time, end time, duration, total size, data read, transferred, backup size, dedupe and compression, which i can export as csv?
Some overview information across all jobs is already available in the Backup Enterprise Manager, please take a look. Also I have just finished working on the Veeam ONE report mock-up, that provides the exact information you need, so thank you for the confirmation that we are moving in the right direction.

Btw, If you have any other report request please don't hesitate to share your thoughts with us.
knanf wrote:We want to get a good overview for overlapping replication-jobs and a summary of the total data transferred in one night (from one site to the other). We are also using Veeam One.
In order to monitor your Veeam B&R infrastructure with Veeam ONE, you need to upgrade both products to their latest versions (6.5). After that, please navigate to Jobs Tab to review the information you need.
knanf wrote:Can you also tell me, what a dedupe of 1,0x and a compression 1,0x mean? We have one job, that says data read was 9,2 GB and transferred was 5,4 GB. The dedupe is 1,0x and the compression is also 1,0x.
On the replica target side VM data is stored in native format, uncompressed. That is why dedupe and compression are reported as 1.x.

Thanks!