Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
mpasaa
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Mike Audet

Replication

Post by mpasaa »

I am currently evaluating BR for our VM environment. We have a stand-alone ESXi4 server as a test host connected to various datastores. We also have a fully licensed ESXi 4 - four host environment in a Cluster. I am not testing against this yet.

My question is I can get most of the functions to work on this freebie ESXi 4 version (I know it isn't supported now). However, when I try the replication piece it asks me for a datastore but the selection screen shows nothing in the white screen--is this because the version I am using is the free ESXi and this functionality is removed? Or, is it something technical that I am missing?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6700 times

Re: Replication

Post by Gostev »

Mike, this is probably because you are trying to replicate *to* ESXi, which is not supported yet. Replication target can only be "full" ESX with the current version.
mpasaa
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Mike Audet

Post by mpasaa »

Thanks...I figured it was something like that especially with most of the program working fine. Any idea when ESXi will be more fully supported? Just curious. VMware told us this is the direction they are headed which is why we opted for the ESXi4 install versus the full version. They said eventually console would go away and ESXi would be the main path for this product. Hopefully, more apps will follow.

Still a great product though based on my testing even without some of the features...thanks for the input.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6700 times

Post by Gostev »

ESXi as replication target will be supported very soon (within few months), but not the free version.