Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
loda117
Influencer
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Ali

New Backup issue with DC and BDC

Post by loda117 »

Hi guys,
I am back lol
I have total of 5 server in hyper-v being backed up with Veeam
They are all on same Host
3 of them are getting backed up fine but DC and BDC are constantly giving me these errors

Code: Select all

Error: Client error: There is no FIB [summary.xml] in the specified restore point. Failed to restore file from local backup. VFS link: [summary.xml]. Target file: [MemFs://Tar2Text]. CHMOD mask: [0]. 
Error: Client error: There is no FIB [summary.xml] in the specified restore point. Failed to restore file from local backup. VFS link: [summary.xml]. Target file: [MemFs://Tar2Text]. CHMOD mask: [0]. 
I have rebooted both machines
rebooted Veeam server
Still same issues any ideas?

veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: New Backup issue with DC and BDC

Post by veremin »

Seems like broken backup chain for me. Running new full backup would be a solution in this case.

By the way, what version of VB&R you’re using? This issue should have been addressed long ago.

VB&R 6.1.0.181 Patch 1
When backing up to a CIFS share, network connectivity issue during backup may cause backup storage to re-initialize, causing the following runs to fail with the “There is no FIB [summary.xml] in the specified restore point” error.
Hope this helps.

Thanks.
loda117
Influencer

Post by loda117 »

Veeam version is 6.5
I see ...
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Ali,

Vladimir is correct, triggering a new full should fix the problem. However, can you please tell me what are you using as a target storage? Did you have any job failures prior to these error messages?

Thanks!
loda117
Influencer

Post by loda117 »

Hi
I am using a network attached storage (WD single 2TB hard Drive) to save veeam backups to
It was working perfectly fine for about couple of weeks without any issues
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Maybe there were some intermittent network issues that could have caused this issue? I would suggest keeping an eye on the job and involve our support team in troubleshooting once you see this issue again.
Squeezer
Influencer
Liked: 1 time

Post by Squeezer »

I am receiving the same error. I have about 500G that would have to traverse a T-1 in a full backup. Ugh.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Do you have the ability perform an initial backup seeding?
Squeezer
Influencer

Post by Squeezer »

I had already performed an initial backup seed. it was working fine for a few weeks, and then gave the error. I think it is dumb that I can't perform a repository rescan, and for Veeam to read the backup files, figure out where the corruption occurred, and resume from there. Instead, I have will have to resync over the T-1, because I do not want to perform another seed. I would look like I do not know what I'm doing when I have to explain to the staff in the remote office that I am shipping them another usb external hard drive to plug in so that I can copy the backup off of it again and have it shipped back to me.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Squeezer wrote:it was working fine for a few weeks, and then gave the error.
Did you receive the same error as above? What kind of backup mode are you using Reversed or Forward incremental?
Squeezer
Influencer

Post by Squeezer »

I was getting the error "Error: Client error: There is no FIB [summary.xml] in the specified restore point." I was performing a backup and not a restore, however. I use Reverse incremental backups.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

What version of Veeam B&R are you using? Do you have a support case opened on this? Btw, have you tried mapping your backup job to the existing VBK file, judging by your first post you've tried that, right?
Squeezer
Influencer

Post by Squeezer »

I am using version 6.5. I do not have a support case. I have already started an active sync to fix the error. I'm not sure what you mean by mapping the backup job to the existing vbk file. I had tried going to the backup infrastructure and rescanning the repository. No errors. Then in the backup job, I edited the backup, storage, and clicked on map backup to confirm it was writing the backup to the correct folder. I would then right click on the backup job, click start, and get the same error about Error: Client error: There is no FIB [summary.xml].
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Ok, then it seems like mapping to the latest restore point is not possible when you have this error in reversed incremental mode.