Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting
monitoruser
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Ray

Unable to connect, couldn't get VIC version

Post by monitoruser »

I am running Veeam Monitor (free) 4.5.0.189.

I attach to 2 x ESXi 4 servers and 1 x ESXi 3.5 servers. I regularly cannot connect to the 3.5 server as the server time drifts but when I correct the time, I can reconnect.

When I go to the VIC tab on the 3.5 server today after correcting the time, I am getting a message in red "Unable to connect, couldn't get VIC version" but if I right mouse click on the server in the left hand panel and take the "Open with VIClient" option, I can open the VSphere client without any problems.

I have deleted the 3.5 server entry and started again but the same symptoms exist. I've searched the forum and the Internet for reference to "Unable to connect, couldn't get VIC version" without success.

Prior to upgrading the Veeam Monitor, I did not have this issue.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: Unable to connect, couldn't get VIC version

Post by Gostev »

Hi Ray, you can try to troubleshoot this issue with the help of service logs... unfortunately we do not provide technical support for free version. This specific functionality did not change since previous version, so it must be enviroment-specifc issue.
monitoruser
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Ray

Re: Unable to connect, couldn't get VIC version

Post by monitoruser »

Thanks, I ran the infrastructure update and it said there were firmware and VMTools upgrades (even though the versions don't appear to have changed). I have run them and rebooted the ESXi server and the problem still existed.

I then rebooted the system running Veeam Monitor and all is now okay.

Thank you for taking the time to give me the response.