Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting
frankive
Service Provider
Liked: 134 times
Full Name: Frank Iversen

Multiple customers - One central installation

Post by frankive »

Hi.
In our datacenter we do co-location for our customers, they bring their own hardware.
We want to use veeam one to monitor all the virtual machines on their hardware.
Is it possible to to do this from one central veeam installation?
Should I install Veeam One on a standalone server, and trunk vlan from all the customers network into a netword card on the veeam server?
Security issues?
Or should I go through the firewall and make static routes to the customers?

Or should we use one veeam installation for each customer?
We have rental key through our gold membership.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Multiple customers - One central installation

Post by veremin »

I’m wondering whether these machines are under the same of different vCenter server?

Either way there wouldn’t any issues related to monitoring custom virtual infrastructures through one Veeam installation, providing you’ve specified sufficient resources for this machine.

Though, the approaches may vary.

In case of different vCenters, just add them to VeeamOne server, making sure that specified vCenter account does have required permissions (that are pretty good covered in Veeam One Deployment Guide).

In case of one vCenter, it might be worth grouping VMs in desired way using Business View functionality. For instance, VMs of customer#1 -> Group#1, etc. Such scenario will guarantee cheer convenience, as well as, efficiency.

As to security problems, you might want to elaborate on it little bit, so that, we can understand what particularly you’re concerned about.

Thanks.
frankive
Service Provider
Liked: 134 times
Full Name: Frank Iversen

Post by frankive »

It's all hyper-v.
Would I need to have one network connection from each customer into the veeamserver? Is there any security concers in this matter, could possible someone from customer A network be able to reach a customer on the B network since they both are connected to the veeam server through a netword card?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Your Veeam ONE server should definitely have connection to every clients Hyper-V server. Can you please tell me who is managing these Hyper-V hosts? You as a service provider or your customers? Anyway, you should create different networks for each of your clients VMs (via Hyper-V server settings).