Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
ozgurk
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: ÖZGÜR KOLUKISA

Weird missing vm problem

Post by ozgurk »

Hi,

I use Veeam One since 6.0 version. I have a weird issue with Veeam One. One of my customer uses Veeam One 6.5. SysAdmin said me that there is no latest deployed vm's in Veeam One. I checked and verified. I restarted veeam services but not resolved. Then i reboot the veeam server. After i checked, i saw lost vm's. But 1-2 hours after same machines lost again. The problem seen only with latest deployed vms. İf i reboot server, it corrects for a time but later same thing occurs again.

Thereis 99 Virtual machine on Virtual infr. but i can see only 80 in Veeam One.

I deployed it with internal 2008 R2 sql db (shipped with product). DB size est. 3.5 Gb. No DB issue nor windows issue.

Veeam One Licensed, all host monitored and covered. ESXi 5.1 Enterprise and vCenter 5.1 Standard (no appliance)

So , what do you think about that problem ? What will you suggest?
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Weird missing vm problem

Post by veremin »

Strage behaviour, indeed. As to suggestions, I’d recommend contacting our support team with it, since log investigation seems to be required. Thanks.
kslocum
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Kevin Slocum

Post by kslocum »

I am having this exact same problem. I can restart the Veeam server or modify the vCenter admin credentials and them all my VMs will show up for a period of time. Then after a while I will check and about half will be missing. The problem is identical to that described above. I had zero issues and did not see this issue until we upgraded to vSphere 5.1 U1 a few weeks ago. Has anyone resolved this? I am on the latest patch of Veeam One. I will contact support this week for sure.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Yes, please contact our technical team for further troubleshooting and include your support case number for future reference.
kslocum
Novice
Full Name: Kevin Slocum

Post by kslocum »

I have opened case 00372673. I hope this can be resolved soon as half of my environment is not being monitored. Not good.
pdiddy867
Lurker
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: PD

Post by pdiddy867 » 1 person likes this post

I had the same problem. There is a fix for this. Had to call customer support for them to send the fix. Case # 00427566. The fix worked for me all my VMs are showing now.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Thanks for updating the topic with the found resolution; much appreciated.

For all new-comers: if you have a similar problem, kindly, contact our support team, so that, they can understand whether or not you’re experiencing the same issue and send the fix in accordance.

Thanks.
pvries86
Lurker
Full Name: Paul Vries

Post by pvries86 »

Are you allowed to share this fix?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

While fix is ok to share, I always recommend to contact our technical team first to make sure that the fix is applied correctly. Thanks!