Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
nterreault
Influencer
Liked: never

File to tape - Skipped Files

Post by nterreault »

Hello,

Quick question is File to tape stricly for vbk or vib files ?

I'm trying to copy some zip/rar files to tape along with other vbk files and the job is always skipping those files.

Thanks,

Nicholas
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6704 times

Re: File to tape - Skipped Files

Post by Gostev »

Hi, File To Tape can process any files from any server added to Managed Server (Windows or Linux). Thanks!
nterreault
Influencer

Post by nterreault »

Ok got it finally. I had zipped file to backup from another server. I created a File To Tape and created a folder on the server from there. copied the file inside that folder. And finally the backup got the file and recognize them.

Thanks...
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

I’m wondering whether you got any warning or notification regarding files being skipped; anything that might point us to the root cause of the original issue. Also, did you choose these files as a source for file to tape job, or you chose the root folder, instead?

Anyway, glad to hear that you were able to bypass the said issue. Thanks.
nterreault
Influencer

Post by nterreault »

I got a yellow sticky saying skipped files, but nothing more. In the log it was saying Remote Directory contains 0 items.

I choose the file as a source. Like i said once i moved files inside a created folder (From within Veeam software) i got the file taken to tape.

Not sure if its wanted like that or it a bug, but i came around it.

Thanks,
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

I encourage you to open a ticket with our support, so that, they can take a closer look at your infrastructure and see what could cause the said behavior.

If anything doesn’t work as expected, it’s typically recommended to work with support team; this way, we will be aware about potential issues and will be able to come up with potential workarounds/fixes as soon as possible.

Thanks.