Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Backup & Replication, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V in a single System Center Operations Manager Console
wlodar2
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Łukasz Włodarczyk

Override threshold

Post by wlodar2 »

Hi,
I got installed MP for SCOM 2007 5.02, and I wonder how I can change default treshold for CPU or MEMORY usage from authoring console. There is no VM Balloon Memory Usage has exceeded threshold monitor etc.... There are only nworks Collector, nworks Management Center Server and VMware vCenter monitors. How i can make overrides for Performance Monitors and rules from authoring console (not from alert view).

Sory for my bad english.

Best Regards,
Łukasz Włodarczyk
Alec King
VP, Product Management
Liked: 362 times

Re: Override threshold

Post by Alec King »

Hi Lukasz,

You can override all thresholds for nworks from the Authoring section of Ops Mgr console :D

However - the TARGET for these Monitors is not a Windows server (or application). It is our own custom nworks MP objects.

Here is how to find them -
* Go to Authoring section of Ops Mgr Console
* Select Monitors
* Clear any 'Scope' at top of window
* search for "nworks" in the Look For box

Now you see all nworks objects - 'COS Partition', 'DataStore', ' CPUs' and so on.

To find the Monitor you mentioned - VM Balloon Memory - scroll down until you find Target "vRAM".
Under -Performance is the Monitor "nworks VMware: VM Balloon Memory Usage has exceeded threshold"
You can right -click and create an override for this in the usual way.

Note - same applies for Rules, you can override them too.

There is a list in Ops Mgr Operations Guide of all the nworks Target objects, for Hosts, VMs, Clusters etc.

Hope that helps! Any queries let me know,

Thanks,
Alec
Alec King
Vice President, Product Management
Veeam Software
wlodar2
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Łukasz Włodarczyk

Re: Override threshold

Post by wlodar2 »

Hi ALec,

I changed selection box in the Look For box from "View common target" to "View all targets". I see all nworks monitors now.

Thx for the quick reply,
Łukasz