Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
markvor
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Markus Vorderer

Restore VM Guest Files

Post by markvor »

Hello,

i use the lates Version of Veeam Backup. The Backupjobs are planed with on full backup up on sunday an an incremental backups from monday thru saturday
All Backups are running fine, but when i try to restore VM Guestfiles i get the following error after i finished the mounting wizard.

No disks have been mounted. Either disks of this type are not supported or some error occured. See log files for details.

But where are the logfiles located ?
What could be the error ?

Thank you for any comments.

Best regards

Markus Vorderer
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Restore VM Guest Files

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Markus,

Can you tell me please whether you're using built-in File Fevel Restore or a Wizard one? You see there is a little difference between those, cause built-in should be used only with Windows based VMs, as for the Wizard, it can be used as for Windows, so and Linux and other OS-based VMs.

You can find all the logs by clicking Help->Support information in Veeam Backup and Replication console, veeamshell.log contains information on built-in File Level Restore and filelevelrestore.log stores all the information about Wizard Restore. If you need any assistance in investigating them, please send those logs to support@veeam.com, and our support team will gladly help you with this.

Also please check system requirements and all supported configurations for File Level Restore:

http://www.veeam.com/files/release_note ... _notes.pdf (you should be logged in to the website to be able to view it)

And If you are going to use File Level Restore Wizard, please have a look at this thread, might be useful: File Level Restore

Thank you.
markvor
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Markus Vorderer

Post by markvor »

Hello Vitaly,

thank you for the response.
i tried it in both ways with no success.

I hope you can find anything interesting in this log.

Best Regards

Markus
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Markus,

I've removed the log file from your post, it's hard to read it here. Actually, the quickest way to resolve this issue would be if you could send us that log to support@veeam.com

Thank you.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

Markus, please submit the logs to our support email address and our support will assist you, or engage development as necessary. Myself and Vitaly are on Product Management team, we are not so technical and cannot really assist with log research and actual troubleshooting. Thank you for understanding.