Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
Stuzoo72
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Stuart Montgomery

Enhancement Request: Email notifications / post job activity

Post by Stuzoo72 »

Veeam 7 would benefit from the ability for "file copy" and "tape jobs" to be configurable for notifications and post job activities in the same way that backup jobs are.

I can set global settings for email notifications. I set our system only to send on failure and warning.

I can send "Backup Job" notifications on a per job basis. These are sent to any email address i.e. not the global setting. This allows us to receive success notifications only for specific jobs.
I can add a post job "command" in the "post job activity" section of a "backup job".

I cannot set notifications for "file copy" or "tape jobs". I cannot add a post job "command" for "file copy" or "tape jobs".
The functionality is there, just not implemented with these types of jobs.

I would like Veeam to add the "Advanced settings" abilities to all types of job.

Thanks.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Enhancement Request: Email notifications / post job acti

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Stuart,

Thank you for your feedback, as far as I know these features and capabilities have already been discussed with the dev team!

Thanks!
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

As a workaround, you can write a simple PS script that initiates start of a given job (file copy/tape) and, then, add to it whatever lines you want to. This way, once the job is finished, the script will proceed to the so-called “post-job” activity.

Thanks.
cminias
Lurker
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Christos Minias

Post by cminias »

Hello all,

I just wanted to add my voice to the Enhancement Request. The functionality to send a message at the end of a specific job is very important to me and my company. I can elaborate further as to why it is so important if necessary.
I know that you have already discussed the issue, but I just need to tell you that I would like a resolution to this issue ASAP. Also, if there is a workaround for it right now please let me know.

Thank you.

Chris.
tomreeb
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Tom Reeb

Post by tomreeb »

I'm going to +1 this request as well. The person that physically removes the tapes from the drive needs to know the serial numbers of the tapes, but doesn't need to know the status of every backup job.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Hi, Tom,

We do consider adding email notification functionality to tape jobs in one of the next releases. So, thank you for the feedback; much appreciated.