Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting
Fatih
Service Provider
Liked: never

Read / Write requests / Issued commands per second ?

Post by Fatih »

Hi,

I am trying to look at how the performance is on the disk subsystem and I am focusing on the read/write requests and also total issued commands against VMFS/LUN.
But when I am trying to look at the VMFS/LUN volumes within Datastores all I get listed is only the VM's , I can not see the total I/O for that VMFS/LUN ? Is it possible ?
I can see the VMFS/LUN performance when I am looking at the ESX server level , but I supposte that it is only performance for that ESX and not the total for all I/O against that datastore ?

And then I am wondering how to interprete the values for the read/write requests and issued commands ? Is it the same "sum-up" period when you are looking at past-hour/past-day/past-week/past month/ ?
For example , when you are looking through VC performance view I now that "real time" mens 20s intervals , so you have to divide read/write requests value with 20 to get the value per second , how do you do that in Monitor ?

Thanks!
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: Read / Write requests / Issued commands per second ?

Post by Gostev »

Hello, in Veeam Monitor only I/O generated by VMs are shown for each datastore. I/O is also shown in 20s intervals because this is how VMware tracks it, so for average IOPS you need to divide this value by 20. Thank you!
Fatih
Service Provider
Liked: never

Post by Fatih »

Thankyou , just to clarify for myself , is the 20s intervals for i/o also valid for the time period of day/week/month/custom ?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello,
Yes, that's right, that interval is also valid for other time periods.