PowerShell script exchange
ThomasMc
Veteran
Liked: 19 times
Full Name: Thomas McConnell

Copy-VBRJob

Post by ThomasMc »

Still an issue with this one and I noticed that you might be doing an update soon :) any chance this could be looked at and included, it now seems to not copy the objects in as per the original problem but now it creates "Legacy" jobs(even when the original isn't a legacy job)

I also uncovered a Replica Prefix in the shell, I'm assuming that this is for future as it doesn't work just yet but that feature would be awesome as well :D
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6647 times

Re: Copy-VBRJob

Post by Gostev »

What is the support case number for this issue?
ThomasMc
Veteran

Post by ThomasMc »

I've never opened a SC with Veeam before so probably now is a good time to start :)
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

Yes, it has to go through support and they have to reproduce/confirm before this can be escalated into development. Thanks!
Sethbartlett
Veteran
Liked: 26 times
Full Name: Seth Bartlett

Post by Sethbartlett »

Fully reproduced/confirmed, Copy-VBRJob has been broke since 5 :)
Skype: Sethbartlett88 - Make sure to label who you are and why you want to add me ;)
Twitter: @sethbartlett
If my post was helpful, please like it. Sometimes twitter is quicker to hit me up if you need me.
ThomasMc
Veteran

Post by ThomasMc »

Sethbartlett wrote:Fully reproduced/confirmed, Copy-VBRJob has been broke since 5 :)
Cheers Seth, my ticket is 5157782
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

Sethbartlett wrote:Fully reproduced/confirmed, Copy-VBRJob has been broke since 5 :)
And you can guess why it was not fixed... nobody had ever created a support case before!
ThomasMc
Veteran

Post by ThomasMc »

Gostev wrote: And you can guess why it was not fixed... nobody had ever created a support case before!
Point taken :) In my defense though I assumed it would have to had been reworked to do it via the GUI copy a backup job
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

Job cloning is implemented in the Enteprise Manager functionality, so that's a bit different.
ThomasMc
Veteran

Post by ThomasMc »

Just installed EM to try it out, the clone feature is pretty cool with the rename functionality, if we could get that for the cmdlet then I would be very happy :)
pizzim13
Enthusiast
Liked: 6 times

Post by pizzim13 »

ThomasMc wrote:Just installed EM to try it out, the clone feature is pretty cool with the rename functionality, if we could get that for the cmdlet then I would be very happy :)
Would Export-VBRJob & Import-VBRJob work for you? I have used these in the past to clone jobs with all their settings.
jteager
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Justin Teager

Post by jteager »

That'll keep the settings, but not the objects. If I recall it can also act-up with VSS (though I haven't tested it in a while). Handy workaround though, and it does do the export into fairly simple XML.

*EDIT*: Actually, looks like there's some issue(s) with Export-VBRJob in v6, so be warned. Seth and I are tossing that up internally.
pizzim13
Enthusiast
Liked: 6 times

Post by pizzim13 »

Export-VBRJob has a -IncludeObjects parameter. What issues have you seen with the VSS? With my tests the encrypted credentials were exported and I was able to use them against other VMs without modification. I ask because I may be using this functionality in an upcoming project.

Edit: Tested only with v5
Sethbartlett
Veteran

Post by Sethbartlett »

With 6, we are noticing some problems with Export-VBRJob that me and Justin are taking a look at. After lunch we'll post our finds :)
Skype: Sethbartlett88 - Make sure to label who you are and why you want to add me ;)
If my post was helpful, please like it. Sometimes twitter is quicker to hit me up if you need me.
Sethbartlett
Veteran

Post by Sethbartlett »

Export-VBRJob seems to be failing, some issues with Reflection

Code: Select all

Export-VBRJob : There was an error reflecting type 'System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Veeam.Backup.PowerShell.Model.ExternalJob]'.
Something painfully wrong with Veeam.Backup.PowerShell.Model.ExternalJob currently during any reflection, tried re-writing the code by hand through powershell, no dice.
soehl
Enthusiast
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Sebastian

Post by soehl »

Any chance to get that fixed soon?! :?:

thx.
ThomasMc
Veteran

Post by ThomasMc »

The export or copy? The copy cmdlet is a legacy cmdlet so would have to be something new like Copy-ViBackup or something.

p.s have you tried this: Copy a bunch of Backup Job to New Jobs
soehl
Enthusiast
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Sebastian

Post by soehl »

I meant the export-vbrjob cmdlet.

thanks for the link. :)
Wintel
Influencer

Post by Wintel »

will the export-vbrjob cmdlet be fixed anytime soon?

Is the format of the .xml output documented anywhere?

rgds
Sethbartlett
Veteran

Post by Sethbartlett »

The problem is that the Import/Export Job cmdlets both reference the same issue. Even if you could get the syntax down to do the imports, you would get the same reflection error you get with Export.
jpierre
Novice
Full Name: Josh Pierre

Post by jpierre »

When will this be resolved? We'd like to backup our configuration and ExportJob doesn't work with the same errors listed above.
claudiog64
Lurker
Full Name: Claudio Galletti

Post by claudiog64 »

Sethbartlett wrote:The problem is that the Import/Export Job cmdlets both reference the same issue. Even if you could get the syntax down to do the imports, you would get the same reflection error you get with Export.
Any news on this bug ? Any chance to have it fixed ?

Thanks
Claudio
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

Not a bug. Apparently, Import/Export job cmdlet are simply stubs for the future functionality that is not yet implemented in the product. There is simply no code behind these cmdlets, as there is no configuration backup/restore functionality in the product itself yet. They were included in the reference accidentally, and will be removed with the next update until this functionality is actually implemented (chances are, in the next release). Thanks!
RJI
Service Provider
Full Name: Richard Ihmels

Post by RJI »

Did this make 6.1 or will it be implemented in a release after that?
Sethbartlett
Veteran

Post by Sethbartlett »

Copy-VBRJob works in 6.1 now.
RJI
Service Provider
Full Name: Richard Ihmels

Post by RJI »

My question was regarding the export-vbrjobs and import-vbrjobs stubs. Has the equivilent funcionality made it into 6.1 as the commandlets now report that they are obsolete?