Enterprise Manager Powershell?

PowerShell script exchange

Re: Enterprise Manager Powershell?

Veeam Logoby Tobias_Elfstrom » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:19 am

Vitaliy S. wrote:
Tobias_Elfstrom wrote:I do not have Veeam One in any VI implementation we run but would I be able to work with powershell to trigger a report end get the report back as powershell objects in the v7 version?

If you're referring to some kind of API that can be used to get report data and pass it further, then in the upcoming version it will not be available. Can you please tell me where would you like to pass this data to? In v7 you can create reports with required parameters and then schedule them on daily/weekly/monthly basis.

In this particular case I just want to insert the data into another SQL DB, a sort of CMDB.
And since I have all the data I need already in Enterprise manager I though that it would be nice if there was an official way of using powershell to grab it and just insert into my other DB rather than taking the data from the Veeam DB directly.
Tobias_Elfstrom
Enthusiast

Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Tobias Elfstrom

Veeam Logoby Tobias_Elfstrom » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:41 am

v.Eremin wrote:Hmm, then, what about combining information regarding repository mounted host, and its path; might be, indeed, what you’re looking for:

Almost, that gave me the host where the repository was.. defined I guess but using:
Code: Select all
.FindRepository().findhost().realname

gave me the location of the actual repository.

v.Eremin wrote:Yep, I know that it’s not that trivial; however, since this topic was created in PowerShell subforum, I have been trying to provide you with possible options of how this task can be achieved via PS.

And I do appreciate your efforts.
I know I said I would wait until we get the REST against the Enterprise Manager's webinterface but now I think I will implement it like this as a workaround until that time comes.
Tobias_Elfstrom
Enthusiast

Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Tobias Elfstrom

Veeam Logoby v.Eremin » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:38 am

Glad to hear that you’ve finally nailed it down; and the RESTful API once released might, indeed, answer all the requirements you have. Thanks.
v.Eremin
Veeam Software

Liked: 968 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Previous

Return to PowerShell