PowerShell script exchange
tschuh
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Tim Schuh

Feature Request: PoSH Snap-in multiple version support

Post by tschuh »

Support Case: 03127915

Please allow the Powershell snap-ins to function with more than the specific point release that is installed. Example: PowerShell Snap-In installed with v9.5u1. Let's say 10 servers running v9.5u2, 2 servers running v9.5u1 and 1 server running v9.5u3. The one server on v9.5u3 cannot communicate with our management station which is running v9.5u2. Neither can the management station communicate with the servers running v9.5u1.

I can understand limiting interoperability between major versions (9.x vs 8.x). I might even say it is reasonable to limit interoperability within minor versions (9.1, 9.5, etc.) but that's getting to be bothersome. If the API hasn't undergone fundamental change I don't see a reason to restrict remote management down to a point release or update level.

Thanks in advance!
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Feature Request: PoSH Snap-in multiple version support

Post by veremin »

Currently, our snap-in is tied to a backup console. Backup console requires that product builds match at both ends - the snap-in inherits this requirement.

At the moment I don't see an opportunity to implement this in the near future due to complexity this enhancement brings.

Thanks.