PowerShell script exchange
Cragdoo
Veeam Vanguard
Liked: 251 times
Full Name: Craig Dalrymple

Install Powershell Snapin *without* VBR ?

Post by Cragdoo »

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but is it possible to install the Veeam Powershell Snapin *WITHOUT* installing VBR. Looking to use the Snapin to carry out some remote admin via Powershell, is this possible?

I'm trying to start a Veeam job remotely from within a guest VM, I have a customer who is insisting on running a SQL maintenance plan (backup) every 2 hours, then at the end of the SQL backup starting a Veeam backup job to just back up the drive where the SQL backups are being dumped. So I'm thinking I could use the remote-invoke command, but need to install the Powershell snapin on guest VM, just the Snapin , don't want to have to install VBR on the guest VM as well.

Please advise.
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Re: Install Powershell Snapin *without* VBR ?

Post by PTide »

Hi,
then at the end of the SQL backup starting a Veeam backup job to just back up the drive where the SQL backups are being dumped.
Have you considered using pre-job scripts? Also, as far as I know, there is an option to pass commands to the remote server via powershell, even if those commands are not present on the sender side.

Thank you.
Cragdoo
Veeam Vanguard
Liked: 251 times
Full Name: Craig Dalrymple

Re: Install Powershell Snapin *without* VBR ?

Post by Cragdoo » 1 person likes this post

thanks Pavel , managed to find this thread http://forums.veeam.com/veeam-backup-re ... 28422.html , it has all the information I was looking for.