Possible PowerShell Command Issue

PowerShell script exchange

Re: Possible PowerShell Command Issue

Veeam Logoby zuldan » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:53 am

Thanks v.Eremin I managed to get it working. I've included the modified code below in case anyone else has the issue.

Would you like me to open a case for this bug or will it be fixed along with the rest of the tape cmdlet fixes?

Code: Select all
Add-PSSnapin -Name VeeamPSSnapIn

$TapePool = 'Onsite Tapes'

$JobList = Get-VBRJob | Where-Object -FilterScript { $PSItem.JobTargetType -eq 'Backup' }

foreach ($Job in $JobList)
{
    if ($null -eq (Get-VBRTapeJob -Name "$TapePool - $($Job.Name)" -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue))
    {
        Write-Host -Object "`nCreating tape job: $TapePool - $($Job.Name)"
        Write-host -Object "$TapePool - $($Job.Name): Adding $($Job.Name)"

# Create Tape Job and add backup job
        $Mediapool = Get-VBRTapeMediaPool -Name $TapePool
        $TapeJob = Add-VBRBackupToTapeJob -Name "$TapePool - $($Job.Name)" -Object $Job -FullBackupMediaPool $Mediapool -ProcessIncrementalBackup -IncrementalBackupMediaPool $Mediapool -ExportDays Friday -AlwaysCopyFromLatestFull

# Configure Tape Job to start after backup job
        $TapeSchedule = New-VBRBackupToTapeScheduleOptions -Type AfterJob -Job $Job -Enabled

# AlwaysCopyFromLastestFull used here again because Set-VBRBackupToTapeJob clears the option
        $TapeJob | Set-VBRBackupToTapeJob -ScheduleOptions $TapeSchedule -AlwaysCopyFromLatestFull
    }
}
zuldan
Enthusiast

Liked: 5 times

Re: Possible PowerShell Command Issue

Veeam Logoby v.Eremin » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:29 am

It seems to be a general problem with Set-VBRBackupToTape job that this cmdlet resets all settings besides those that are specified. We're well aware of this issue and going to address it in one of the next product releases. Thanks.
v.Eremin
Veeam Software

Liked: 1006 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

[MERGED] Adding job to tape job is changing schedule

Veeam Logoby efd121 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:01 pm

I'm attempting to add a Backup job to an existing tape job and when I use the code below its changing the job schedule to be After a Backup Job
I don't want this script to change the schedule, it just needs to add a new Backup Job.
The job it added happened to be the first one when sorted alphabetically
The results are the same with or without adding the $SchedOptions object to Set-VBRBackupToTapeJob
Dave

$TapeJob = Get-VBRTapeJob -Name <My Job Name>
$NewJob = Get-VBRJob -Name <Job to Add>
$NewObject = $TapeJob.Object
$NewObject += $NewJob
$SchedOptions = $TapeJob.ScheduleOptions
Set-VBRBackupToTapeJob -Job $TapeJob -Object $NewObject -ScheduleOptions $SchedOptions
efd121
Enthusiast

Liked: never
Full Name: David Engler

Previous

Return to PowerShell