Custom REport for VM Guest Disks

Management reporting and documentation

Custom REport for VM Guest Disks

Veeam Logoby mfoley » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:00 pm

I am looking for a way to have a report show how many virtual disks each guest machine has and if the disk is partitioned at all on the windows side. Is this possible?
mfoley
Novice

Liked: never
Full Name: Michael Foley

Re: Custom REport for VM Guest Disks

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:20 pm

Hello Michael,

Have you tried using Custom Infrastructure report? You can select virtual machine as an object and then pick the parameters you need for the virtual disks.

Thank you!
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Liked: 1097 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Veeam Logoby mfoley » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:38 pm

I did try that and I was able to get the virtual disks but there's nothing that i can see that would get me if that particular disk has been partitioned 1,2, or 3 times. Also i came across that the report wasn't accurate since I checked the report and it showed that there were two virtual disks but when i check the actual machine there is only 1, so that was kind of weird...

I usually use RVtools to get a really good report of my vCenter so i was hoping that Veeam was able to get me some good data too but i cant seem to get this particular kind of report together and be accurate.
mfoley
Novice

Liked: never
Full Name: Michael Foley

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:56 pm

mfoley wrote:but there's nothing that i can see that would get me if that particular disk has been partitioned 1,2, or 3 times.

Just to make sure I understand - do you want to see the size of partitions of the Guest OS or something else?

mfoley wrote: I checked the report and it showed that there were two virtual disks but when i check the actual machine there is only 1, so that was kind of weird...

Can you please post a screenshot of what you have generated? I believe there might be some confusion on the report layout. BTW, what about other VMs?
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Liked: 1097 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Return to Reporting