Management reporting and documentation
mfoley
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Michael Foley

Custom REport for VM Guest Disks

Post by mfoley »

I am looking for a way to have a report show how many virtual disks each guest machine has and if the disk is partitioned at all on the windows side. Is this possible?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Custom REport for VM Guest Disks

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Michael,

Have you tried using Custom Infrastructure report? You can select virtual machine as an object and then pick the parameters you need for the virtual disks.

Thank you!
mfoley
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Michael Foley

Post by mfoley »

I did try that and I was able to get the virtual disks but there's nothing that i can see that would get me if that particular disk has been partitioned 1,2, or 3 times. Also i came across that the report wasn't accurate since I checked the report and it showed that there were two virtual disks but when i check the actual machine there is only 1, so that was kind of weird...

I usually use RVtools to get a really good report of my vCenter so i was hoping that Veeam was able to get me some good data too but i cant seem to get this particular kind of report together and be accurate.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

mfoley wrote:but there's nothing that i can see that would get me if that particular disk has been partitioned 1,2, or 3 times.
Just to make sure I understand - do you want to see the size of partitions of the Guest OS or something else?
mfoley wrote: I checked the report and it showed that there were two virtual disks but when i check the actual machine there is only 1, so that was kind of weird...
Can you please post a screenshot of what you have generated? I believe there might be some confusion on the report layout. BTW, what about other VMs?