Management reporting and documentation
Markus M.
Enthusiast
Liked: 18 times

Customizing Reports

Post by Markus M. »

Hello all,

even I see some posts asking similar questions, let me ask this:
Out team lead is requesting several metrics from VM Hosts (CSV capacity / growth, VM count etc.) and from VMs (Guest Disk space etc.) provided in raw format. All can be found in Veeam One, so I tried this with a business view after I met a Veeam tech representative telling this might work, but couldn't figure it out how this can be done.
Goal is to have a tiny sheet in Excel with those metrics, instead of several Veeam reports.
Or is there at least a way to modify the forms of the reports, instead?

Thanks!
Markus
RomanK
Veeam Software
Liked: 169 times

Re: Customizing Reports

Post by RomanK » 1 person likes this post

Hello Markus

Most probably you are looking for vSphere Raw Performance Data report.
You also could combine multiple vSphere Raw Performance Data reports which were built against different object types (hosts, storages, VMs) in a single file by using the Report Builder

Thanks
Markus M.
Enthusiast
Liked: 18 times

Post by Markus M. »

Hello Roman,

I followed your tipps and was partially successful.
The Report Builder is helpful, however in my case it still requires an export to Excel and some rework.
Some more options in Report Builder, i.e. to modify the layout of the reports by inserting own logos, modifing header lines, grouping options for the metrics and so on would be probably helpful for the mass of users.

Thanks
Markus
RomanK
Veeam Software
Liked: 169 times

Post by RomanK »

Hello Markus,

We are working on some customization options and it would be good to know more specific details for your use case.
Where do you need to insert the logos, and what headers need to be changed? Could you please share some examples maybe?

Thanks for the feedback.