Dashboard view without login

Management reporting and documentation

Re: Dashboard view without login

Veeam Logoby $username » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:32 pm

I too would like this, we might look at doing something like this.
$username
Veeam ProPartner

Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Gary Busey

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:59 pm

Can you please elaborate a bit on more on your scenario?
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Liked: 1120 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Veeam Logoby asmoran » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:49 pm

I also need this ability. We are using an in-house application to broadcast web dashlets to our televisions. We do not have the ability to interact with the site in any way. I need to be able to pass in a URL and get a dashboard.
asmoran
Novice

Liked: never

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:45 pm

Are you using version 7 or 8? The OP has fixed it by updating the firmware in the TV, some sort of authentication will still be required. Do your TVs have web browsers?
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Veeam Logoby asmoran » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:46 pm

I am using version 8. I have tried passing the authentication in the URL (http://username:password@internal.serve ... oard/?id=1) and this does not appear to work.

These system running the TVs rotates through an array of different dashboards covering many different aspects of the company. The only interaction it is capable of is via the URL itself.
asmoran
Novice

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:15 am

Yes, I don't think there is a way to pass this URL to the Veeam ONE server, but I will consult with our dev team. Can you open the URL on the TV and manually type in the username/password?
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Veeam Logoby asmoran » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:33 pm

This is not possible. We have many TVs and they are controlled by a system which cannot interact with the page.
asmoran
Novice

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:29 am

Ok, thanks for sharing the details about your configuration, currently user credentials are required to view the dashboard.
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

[Merged] Bypass Dashboard Authentication

Veeam Logoby abradley » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:46 pm

I know this has been discussed in the past but I could not find a resolution to this:

We have several Windows 7 based "kiosk" computers that display webpages on a timer. We are wanting to use this to develop a basic NOC and use Veeam Reporter Dashboards as the foundation for the displays.
Problem is that the first time you launch a webpage it prompts for authentication. This defeats the purpose of a kiosk display as it requires some manual intervention when the system is reset. I need this to be hands-free so the kiosk will just turn on and start working.

Has anyone found a way to do this yet? The Reporter Dashboards are super powerful and I believe they can be a great start for our automated displays and a real "win" to show management flashy, cool automated screens hanging in our office area!

Thoughts?

Andy
abradley
Influencer

Full Name: Andrew Bradley II

Veeam Logoby Shestakov » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:30 pm

Hello Andy,
As you can see above the initial authentication is still required.
Do you have a chance to set the credentials for the first time?
Thanks!
Shestakov
Veeam Software

Liked: 419 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Veeam Logoby abradley » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:52 am

Well that is Unfortunate - The issue is to properly create the good informative display we want to rotate between several different dashboard pages.
This means we have to manually enter login credentials on every device when ever they restart. This can be done but requires a wireless keyboard as the computers are Intel NUC machines hidden behind the TV displays mounted on a wall.

Are there discussions to change this in v9? This seems to be a quick fix and has been discussed several times here on the boards.
abradley
Influencer

Full Name: Andrew Bradley II

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:47 pm

Hi Andrew,

v9 code is already in the lock state and our QA team is running extensive tests right now, so no new features can be added, however embedding the user credentials into URL should be possible to do in our next updates.

Thanks for your feedback!
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

[MERGED] Veeam One widgets on a digital sign

Veeam Logoby jschoenstein » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:20 pm

Hi,
We're converting our monitoring to Veeam One. With our old solution, I'm able to display the widgets on digital signs by providing the user/pass in the URL. There are 20 different metrics, calendars and RSS feeds that rotate, so I can't dedicate the screen to just Veeam One. These signs need to run unattended, so I need a way to pass user credentials to the widget URL.

Is there a way to pass credentials in the URL or can I create an account with view only rights that won't require a password?

example url: https//server.domain.com:1239/Dashboard/#View_7/
jschoenstein
Lurker

Full Name: john schoenstein

Re: Veeam One widgets on a digital sign

Veeam Logoby Shestakov » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:49 am

Hi John and welcome to the community!
Entering credentials via URL is not considered as a secure operation, so it`s not allowed to do that in Veeam ONE. You need to provide credentials to get an access to Veeam ONE Reporter.
Could you elaborate on your use case please so we can think of possible workarounds?
Thanks!
Shestakov
Veeam Software

Liked: 419 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Veeam One widgets on a digital sign

Veeam Logoby jschoenstein » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:02 pm

Hi,
We use Xibo to display metrics on a screen in IT. It has three regions, one being devoted to Solarwinds, one for conference room schedules and a third for info (rendered in IE 11). The solarwinds URLs show their widgets and log in with a user with read only rights. It's all automatic and displays essentially a playlist of URLs for 15 sec each. There's no kb/mouse or remote connectivity to the PC running the display.
I need to replace the solarwinds URLs with Veeam One widgets, but can't have it prompt for username or password since there's no way to enter them. The PC is domain joined for updates and policies, but logs in locally as a standard user. If I used a domain user, could I add it to the dashboard users group and get around the login box pop-up in Veeam?
jschoenstein
Lurker

Full Name: john schoenstein

PreviousNext

Return to Reporting