Management reporting and documentation
damocue
Veeam ProPartner
Liked: never
Full Name: David Molina

Data only from 1 host of 3

Post by damocue »

Hi,

I have a vSphere 4.1 virtual infrastructure with 3 ESXi. I've just installed Veeam Backup, Veeam Monitor and Veeam Reporter for all the purposes in other physical server. Backups and Monitor work fine, but I have a problem with Reporter: when I try to get a performance chart of CPU from hosts, I only get it for a host, not for all. I've checked all options, and I've made it with only the 2 hosts of whom it doesn't get any data selected. Reporter build reports for all virtual machines and all datastores, so it sees them through vCenter (or I think it). I also tried to revoke license and install after, but it didn't work. Before uninstall Veeam Reporter, has anyone any idea?

Regards,
David Molina
Alexey D.

Re: Data only from 1 host of 3

Post by Alexey D. »

Hello David,

That might be a misconfiguration of performance settings for these 2 hosts. Performance data is fetched apart from object properties (VMs, datastores, ...) - that's why you can still build these reports. Please contact our support team, providing all the logs - they will investigate why your hosts don't give performance data to Reporter. Thanks!
damocue
Veeam ProPartner
Liked: never
Full Name: David Molina

Post by damocue »

Thanks Alexei! That was true, vSphere performance charts weren't working fine. I've re-joined the hosts to the cluster and now the performance info is available.

But I have a question more: the performance data at Veeam Reporter is showed until 7:30 AM. How many time is necessary for update the charts at Veeam Reporter? I've scheduled the collection job hourly.

Regards,
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

David, glad that you've figured it out.

As for your questions regarding collection schedule, then the asnwer is it depends. If you want to get real-time performance data you should be using Veeam Monitor (free or paid edition).

Please note that if you're using vCenter Server connection, then Reporter will be able to pull past performance data and update your hosts charts accordingly, meaning that you can even use a daily collection job cycle for that.

Hope it helps!