Management reporting and documentation
HannibalK1ng
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Andrew

exporting tapes

Post by HannibalK1ng »

hello everyone,

Recently installed veeam for the first time and have it connected to our tape library as well.

Everything has been very smooth and worked perfectly.

Today the first batch of tapes where exported automatically and waiting for me in the mailslot.

After i removed the tapes I ran the tape exportation report and it still mentions all tapes i have already removed, will the system know that these tapes have gone...
or am i running the wrong report?

I am coming from a backupexec/vertias system which used to send me an email of which tapes are leaving and which tapes are returning, i would then remove the tapes run a wizard and the system knew that they where gone, maybe im not understanding how this works with veeam?

Thanks!
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: exporting tapes

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Andrew,

Tape exportation report from VeeamOne, right? Can you please check when VeeamOne data collection has been performed? I assume the latest job session were not collected, thus report information is slightly outdated. Cheers!
HannibalK1ng
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Andrew

Post by HannibalK1ng »

yes that is the report and yes in VeeamOne.

I forced the data collection to run and ran the report again, but still have 5 tapes listed as exported

Should the tapes be off the report once i have physically removed them from the tape library? do i need to then scan or run some sort of wizard in veeam? or am i running the wrong report.

because next wednesday when more tapes are due to go out i only want to receive a report of tapes that need to go out not all tapes that have been exported previously.

I also run the tape media rentention period so i know which tapes need to be returned.....

does it sound like i am doing it correctly?

thanks!
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Post by wishr »

Hi Andrew,

Please open a ticket with our support engineers since that is not the expected behavior. All the data, if collected properly, should appear in the report.

Thanks