Management reporting and documentation
pbenson
Veeam Software
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Patrick Benson

How might I script an export of all reports?

Post by pbenson »

Hello all. I'm working with a client and recently walked them through a trial deployment of Veeam ONE v11 to help with an analysis of their datacenters. They are a Veeam customer, but they are only licensed to use B&R. I'm hoping that as a follow-up to this project that they upgrade to Availability Suite, as Veeam ONE is already giving them great insight into their environment.

Is there a way to export every report that Veeam ONE generates as both pdfs and spreadsheets to a specific directory? Right now I have to request that the customer go into the web client and generate specific reports. I'd like to save them that work and provide them with a way to just launch a script, or use some other tool built into the product, to export everything. Then I can just sort through what is generated once they upload the files to a shared location.
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Re: How might I script an export of all reports?

Post by wishr » 1 person likes this post

Hi Patrick,

Currently, you can only export the reports using Web Client or schedule them to be saved to a specific folder/sent to a mailbox periodically.

Thanks
pbenson
Veeam Software

Post by pbenson »

Thanks @wishr! That will have to do for now. It would be great to have a feature that allowed for an on-demand export of all or only selected reports for this type of assessment work, but I can setup the schedule for the client in this case. Much aprpeciated!
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Post by wishr » 1 person likes this post

Thanks for getting back, Patrick. Would a REST API that allows configuring and exporting reports work for you?
pbenson
Veeam Software

Post by pbenson » 1 person likes this post

Yes, a REST API option would be fine. Thanks!