- Posts: 2
- Liked: never
- Joined: Nov 13, 2012 8:52 am
- Full Name: Pakhomov Mikhail
Can anyone help me - I exporting one of my Veeam Report 6.0 in RDL format and wants to customize it (to remove headers, footers and etc.). Witch tool can do it?
I tryed to edit RDL report file with MS SQL Server Report Biulder but when I trying to import it to Reporter the following error appears: Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1.
- Posts: 173
- Liked: 25 times
- Joined: Aug 23, 2010 8:30 am
- Full Name: Vitaliy Mzokov
As far as I know, currently it IS possible. But this should be done very carefully, as editing report definition might result in a completely new report, from Veeam ONE perspective, so the product will not be able to import it back into its own schema.
Let me see if I can get way more detailed info on this matter.
- Product Manager
- Posts: 23638
- Liked: 1712 times
- Joined: Mar 30, 2009 9:13 am
- Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov
If you want to adjust existing reports in Veeam ONE v6, you need to follow the procedure below:
1. Install Business Intelligence Development Studio (SQL Server 2008 R2)
2. Create a "Report Server" Project
3. Add exported report to the created project
4. Make sure you specify report data source (Veeam ONE database)
5. Change the elements you need, but do NOT change the name of the textbox item which contains the report name
6. Save all the changes and import the report back to Veeam ONE Reporter via built-in functionality
P.S. also be aware that you shouldn't upgrade reporting schema to 2008R2 or 2012, as our default reporting engine (Microsoft Report Viewer) doesn't support them yet.
Hope this helps!
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests