Management reporting and documentation
Post Reply
JWester
Service Provider
Posts: 58
Liked: 7 times
Joined: Apr 04, 2011 8:56 am
Full Name: Joern Westermann
Contact:

Report for snapshots older than x days

Post by JWester » Dec 19, 2013 4:20 pm

Hi,

is it possible to create a report which shows all VMs which have snapshots older than x days inside a specific ressource group or folder?

Right now I have 2 difficulties:
* I cannot select a filter with a timespan for a snapshot. I can only select a specific date. (e. g. "> 2013-12-19", but not "> 3 days")
* I can only select a scope of clusters and hosts, but not ressource group or folders. I tried to find a workaround with creating Business Groups, but no success yet.

Many thanks!

Regards
Joern

Vitaliy S.
Product Manager
Posts: 23230
Liked: 1611 times
Joined: Mar 30, 2009 9:13 am
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov
Contact:

Re: Report for snapshots older than x days

Post by Vitaliy S. » Dec 19, 2013 4:56 pm

Hi Joern,
JWester wrote:I cannot select a filter with a timespan for a snapshot. I can only select a specific date. (e. g. "> 2013-12-19", but not "> 3 days")
Do you look at Active Snapshots report template or something else? This report has a filter that you're after.
JWester wrote:I can only select a scope of clusters and hosts, but not ressource group or folders. I tried to find a workaround with creating Business Groups, but no success yet.
Can you please elaborate on this a bit more? If you select the entire VI and then apply BV group filter it should give you the result you want.

Thanks!

JWester
Service Provider
Posts: 58
Liked: 7 times
Joined: Apr 04, 2011 8:56 am
Full Name: Joern Westermann
Contact:

Re: Report for snapshots older than x days

Post by JWester » Dec 20, 2013 11:54 am

Hi Vitaliy,
Vitaliy S. wrote: Do you look at Active Snapshots report template or something else? This report has a filter that you're after.
yes, this would work.
Vitaliy S. wrote: Can you please elaborate on this a bit more? If you select the entire VI and then apply BV group filter it should give you the result you want.
Yes, but I cannot create a matching BV group for this:
We have organized all VM in folders and/or ressource group, which are named after the organizational units responsible for the VMs. One OU shall only get the snapshots reports for the VMs inside their subtree.
I could filter through folder or ressource group.
Folders are nested, I need the parent folder, but I can only select groups from the "child" (= leaf) folder.
For ressource groups I cannot find a BV grouping expression.

many thanks
Joern

Vitaliy S.
Product Manager
Posts: 23230
Liked: 1611 times
Joined: Mar 30, 2009 9:13 am
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov
Contact:

Re: Report for snapshots older than x days

Post by Vitaliy S. » Dec 20, 2013 12:37 pm

Joern wrote:Folders are nested, I need the parent folder, but I can only select groups from the "child" (= leaf) folder.
For resource groups I cannot find a BV grouping expression.
To categorize objects with nested folders and RPs, please use our categorization rules, as these objects are "not visible" for grouping expressions.

JWester
Service Provider
Posts: 58
Liked: 7 times
Joined: Apr 04, 2011 8:56 am
Full Name: Joern Westermann
Contact:

Re: Report for snapshots older than x days

Post by JWester » Jan 03, 2014 3:50 pm

Hi Vitaliy,
Vitaliy S. wrote: To categorize objects with nested folders and RPs, please use our categorization rules, as these objects are "not visible" for grouping expressions.
could you provide an example? I'm stuck.
many thanks!

Vitaliy S.
Product Manager
Posts: 23230
Liked: 1611 times
Joined: Mar 30, 2009 9:13 am
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov
Contact:

Re: Report for snapshots older than x days

Post by Vitaliy S. » Jan 04, 2014 8:28 pm

Yes, sure. What I was referring to is static rule, see this link (page 255) for more info > http://www.veeam.com/veeamone_7_0_userg ... are_pg.pdf

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest