Management reporting and documentation
steve_mc
Influencer
Liked: 3 times

Reporter TempDB status

Post by steve_mc »

Hi,

Our SQL Server management pack in SCOM is generating alerts regarding the state of the Veeam TempDB database as being 'offline'

Alert:
Database ....... in SQL Server instance VEEAMSQL2008 on computer ReportServer$VEEAMSQL2008TempDB is offline/recovery pending/suspect/emergency

This occurs a few times over the course of a week. Should the TempDB database go into offline mode by design (in which case I will override this alert in SCOM) or is this something worth further investigation?

Thanks,

Steve.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Reporter TempDB status

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Steve,

I believe that it is something worth investigation, as TempDB shouldn't go offline. I would suggest consulting with your DBA as there might some issues with SSRS itself.

Thanks.
steve_mc
Influencer
Liked: 3 times

Post by steve_mc »

Hi Vitaliy,

Thank you for your quick response. When I drive into the SQL Server Management Studio > Database Properties > Options, the database (both the VeeamSQL2008 TempDB and VeeamSQL2008 databases) have the "AutoClose" option set to "True".

Can you confirm if this should infact be set to "False" for either of these databases ?

Thanks,

Steve.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

I've just checked and my installation shows as "False" by default, so seems like you've nailed it.