Management reporting and documentation
nebojsa
Service Provider
Liked: 2 times

Veeam Reporter 4.0.1 Free - login issue

Post by nebojsa »

Hi all,

I have installed Veeam Reporter 4.0.1 free on a Windows XP SP3 machine with IIS. Installation process went fine, but afterwards I can't seem to be able to logon to the Web UI. It asks for a username/password immediately after running the Veeam Reporter shortcut, and it doesn't allow login as the computer's Administrator account, I get and Error - Access is Denied message after few attempts. I've tried with computername\Administrator, without computername\, reinstalled Reporter a few times, even added a new user with administrator privileges and specified its username and password during the install - without any luck. Does anyone have an idea what could be the problem?

Thanks in advance and regards,

Nebojsa
Alexey D.

Re: Veeam Reporter 4.0.1 Free - login issue

Post by Alexey D. »

Hello Nebojsa,

To use Reporter, a user should be a member of either Veeam Reporter Administrators or Veeam Reporter Viewers, so you may fill these groups with users to whom you are planning to grant the access. Also, you may want to refer to the User Guide, page 11, to get more information.

The behaviour you described is odd, local administrator is already a member of Veeam Reporter Administrators by default. But anyway, please check his presence in that group and let us know us the result.
Drumcode2003
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Sepp

Post by Drumcode2003 »

Hi,

I have the same issue running Reporter full edition on w2k8r2x64 + SQL 2k8.
My user IS member of both Veeam Reporter groups. Also the admin account doesn't work for me.

Can anybody help ?

thx.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6692 times

Post by Gostev »

Hi Sepp, since you are paid customer please feel free to contact our support directly for assistance. Thanks!