Veeam Wishlist / Reports

Management reporting and documentation

Re: Veeam Wishlist / Reports

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:19 pm

Hello Dominic,

Yes, that's possible, but with Veeam Monitor. The good news is that we are merging Monitor and Reporter into a single product which is called Veeam ONE that will have a single reporting engine.

Thank you.
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Liked: 1102 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Veeam Logoby jantman » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:14 pm

Vitaliy S. wrote:Hello Dominic,

Yes, that's possible, but with Veeam Monitor. The good news is that we are merging Monitor and Reporter into a single product which is called Veeam ONE that will have a single reporting engine.

Thank you.

Any news on when this will be done? I could really use this on my Dashboard.

Also, on the wishlist, though not exactly a report... it would be a great if there were a way to create dashboard widgets of a certain size... specifically I'm going crazy trying to get widgets to be half of the width of the dashboard.
jantman
Novice

Liked: never
Full Name: Jason Antman

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:05 am

Jason, Veeam ONE v6 (Monitor+Reporter) is coming in the first half of this year.

As to the widget problem, then we have also addressed by introducing multiple predefined dashboards full of widgets.
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Veeam Logoby bkamay » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:05 am

We have mutiple companies that share a common VM environemnt and I'd love to be able to create a pie graph for our CIO showing the percentage of CPU utilization by company for the past month.
bkamay
Novice

Full Name: Bryon Kamay

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:44 am

Hi Bryon, do you have Business View installed? Do you know that you can split your VM environment by the company name and then build reports based on these groups?
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Veeam Logoby bkamay » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:17 pm

Hi Vitaliy, I do have Business View installed. I do have all of my guests assigned by business in BizView. Is that what you mean by split the VM environment by company name? Every report I create in BizView shows the %CPU consumed for each individual guest. I can't seem to get a tatal percentage consumed for all the guests asociated with a particular business.
bkamay
Novice

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:53 pm

Yes, I was referring to Business View. Oh I see...would you like to use these reports in showback purposes?
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Veeam Logoby bkamay » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:22 pm

I would like to see the total percentage of processor consumed by each divisions combined virtual machines. Today it only shows me each individual VM's percentage of CPU which I have to maually SUM in excel. For example if I could get 1 pie graph that showed business 1 consumed 25% of the total CPU, Business 2 consumed 50% and business 3 consumed 25% I'd be very happy.
bkamay
Novice

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:18 pm

Got it, thanks for the feedback!
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Veeam Logoby ozgurk » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:23 am

Hi,

v6 monitor is really great. I have a requirement (also im sure, other guys thought like me ). You can see active vm memory in vm's own memory related sections, but in reporting pages, you cannot. In an over/undersized or vm performance report page adding a min/max/average active memory would be great and help us to consider memory allocation. I know, over/undersize reports recommends us to achieve that goal, but some managers would like to see real memory usage percentages in reports.

thanks
ozgurk
Novice

Liked: 1 time
Full Name: ÖZGÜR KOLUKISA

Veeam Logoby ivordillen » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:57 pm

A report in the B&R template that would give an overview of the duration of a/the job(s).

kind regards,

Ivor
ivordillen
Enthusiast

Full Name: Ivor Dillen

Veeam Logoby nharvey » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:09 pm

I have a reboot that Paul@Veeam helped me make- it shows me the VM, the Datastore, and the Free / Provisioned space. (awesome)
It emails me twice a week with the report (awesome)
I then remove ALL the horrible formatting from the report and make a new column that shows the used space with a formula (=B1-A1) . (not awesome)
I copy these values to a "master excel sheet" that shows me how the used space has changed over time (not awesome)
Would be awesome see a dashboard of the space over time..
nharvey
Lurker

Full Name: Nicholas H

Veeam Logoby changeupcharley » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:59 am

Being able to set the logging directory would be great. I am aware of the settings to limit logging retention, etc are helpful, but it would be awesome to be able to actually choose where logs are recorded, so C:\ doesn't potentially fill up.
changeupcharley
Service Provider

Full Name: Charley Hinton

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:18 am

Usually logs do not consume much space... Did you have a situation when Veeam ONE log files filled up your drive C? Thanks for the feedback!
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Veeam Logoby changeupcharley » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:47 am

Vitaliy S. wrote:Usually logs do not consume much space... Did you have a situation when Veeam ONE log files filled up your drive C? Thanks for the feedback!

Unfortunately, the server I acquired has a pretty small C:\ volume. I get about 8-10GB a month for Veeam logs. I agree, that's not a lot of logging data, comparatively. I utilize the features available, but I thought I would throw it out there to help the democracy, if there is one :)

EDIT: I thought thsi was for Backup and Replication. Sorry for posting in the wrong thread.
changeupcharley
Service Provider

Full Name: Charley Hinton

PreviousNext

Return to Reporting