RESTful knowledge exchange
Erwin Linker
Service Provider
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Erwin Linker

Feature request: Full-VM restore trough API

Post by Erwin Linker »

Hi,

We notice when we want to restore a restorepoint trough the API to our platform we got a error, we notice that there was no information by "Resource Pool". After some digging we notice that the problem is that the VMware host where the VM was back-up from was removed from the VC. It looks like when you want to restore a VM trough the API and the original host is not present (replaced for a new host) the restore fails. I opend a case for this issue: "Case # 05253720", and support confirmend above.

Feature reqeust:
The possibility to do a full-vm restore trough the API. Or the possilibity to select a VMware host of VMware cluster trough the API.

Regards,
Erwin
oleg.feoktistov
Veeam Software
Liked: 636 times
Full Name: Oleg Feoktistov

Re: Feature request: Full-VM restore trough API

Post by oleg.feoktistov »

Hi Erwin,

As far as I see from your case, all is figured out now. Now, about the feature request. As my colleague correctly stated, full vm restore to another location should be implemented in EM logic first to make it to the REST API then. I noted this request also, but cannot provide any ETA.
We do have plans to implement full vm restore in VBR REST API in the nearest releases, just fyi. Yes, it will only support VMware backups, but that's a first step.

Thanks,
Oleg