Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
mcz
Veeam Legend
Liked: 172 times
Full Name: Michael

agent integration - statistics missing via policy

Post by mcz »

Hi!

We decided to deploy a windows agent policy for protecting our physical endpoints. Using the server approach didn't suite well because when the endpoints aren't available (or even not running), the backup job will fail and it won't be run when the target comes up the next time. The endpoints are connecting to the veeam server and use a veeam repository as target. When the backup job runs, within veeam b&r console you will only see that the job is running but not more.

It would be nice to see the current job statistics within b&r console. I know that it's not always possible to get a direct connection between agent and veeam server during backup but very often I'm asking myself how long it will take until the agent has finished or even how much throughput it currently has...
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: agent integration - statistics missing via policy

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Michael,

Stats for policy are updated by rescan job: rescan job connects to the agent, downloads the latest portion of stats and updates the Veeam B&R policy view.
mcz
Veeam Legend

Post by mcz »

Hi Dima!

Yeah that was what I observed and so I found it better to get the current stats during backup job like if your doing a backup for server...
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

Michael,

It should work for Policy when Veeam B&R repository is set as backup destination.
mcz
Veeam Legend

Post by mcz »

Dima P. wrote:It should work for Policy when Veeam B&R repository is set as backup destination.
Well that is what I did. I just see that the job is running and only if it has finished, I will see all the statistics - but not during the backup. Can you please double check?
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

You are right. In case of backup repository stats are updated by rescan job too, sorry for the confusion. Noted as improvement request.