Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
videodj
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Dave Stears

Backup Copy Job Not Starting

Post by videodj »

Hi

I have a backup job that backups a few clients to a server, which works fine, I created a backup copy job to to the backups to an external drive, however the copy job does not run, even when I try manually. There are no logs showing it has attempted to run and the job status stays as "stopped". I've used the repository as the object source as the client backups are managed by the agent, so cannot select at job level. Am I doing something wrong and how do I resolve it?
videodj
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Dave Stears

Re: Backup Copy Job Not Starting

Post by videodj »

So when I add the repository in the backup copy job and set the job as immediate, the job shows no objects linked to it, if I select periodic it will allow me to add agent policy, however I can't the copy all restore points. All I want is a second copy of my client back ups to an external drive. Can I just copy the files in the repository using something like syncback pro or would this cause issues If I needed to restore from them?
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Backup Copy Job Not Starting

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Dave,

Can you please clarify was that repository only for agent backups? You've mentioned that you need to create a copy of backup files linked to an agent policy, is that correct? Thanks!