Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
cip2013
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time

Copy jobs to cloud provider failing

Post by cip2013 »

Hello fellow Veeamsters,

Hope everyone is staying safe and healthy. Our copy jobs to our cloud provider are failing with the following message "Waiting for backup infrastructure resources availability". Most of the time they don't even begin copying any data. They have been working on this now for over a month and have engaged with Veeam support. Even after escalating it we still are not getting anywhere. It all seems to have started when they went to version 10. Everything was working great on 9.5. We have started pointing some of the copy jobs from our remote sites back to our HQ and they are working perfectly. Have any of you run into this issue after upgrading to version 10?
dalbertson
Veeam Software
Liked: 175 times
Full Name: Dustin Albertson

Re: Copy jobs to cloud provider failing

Post by dalbertson »

This should not be an issue if the provider has upgraded their environment. Do you happen to know the case number? If not can you DM me the VCSP name?
Dustin Albertson | Director of Product Management - Cloud & Applications | Veeam Product Management, Alliances
cip2013
Enthusiast

Post by cip2013 »

DM sent. Thank you.
cip2013
Enthusiast

Post by cip2013 »

Just to clarify, we are still on 9.5U4 and the cloud provider is on v10. They said that it shouldn't matter and that we don't need to upgrade at this time.
dalbertson
Veeam Software

Post by dalbertson »

I have reviewed the tickets and I also spoke with the VCSP. They just escalated internally on their side yesterday and have a Engineer working on the case. He is going to reach out to you as well to hopefully get this closed. We all want to make sure you have backups offsite.
Dustin Albertson | Director of Product Management - Cloud & Applications | Veeam Product Management, Alliances
cip2013
Enthusiast

Post by cip2013 »

Thanks for looking into it. I just wanted to know if anyone else is having similar issues. Is Veeam working with them currently on this issue or does it appear to be an infrastructure issue with the VCSP? When you say they escalated internally do you mean escalated with Veeam or escalated within their own support staff?
dalbertson
Veeam Software

Post by dalbertson »

Our support has been working with their team. They have escalated internally on their side.
tmsplatt
Novice
Liked: never

Post by tmsplatt »

Agreed. Hugely disappointed with v10 as far as CloudConnect Copy jobs go. We and our CC provider upgraded maybe 4 to 5 weeks ago. v10 has been broken for 3+ of those weeks via 2 different rounds of bugs. Our clients are getting frustrated and we're getting no ETA. Just "we're working on it". Errors are: "Target gate has rejected connection. Connection target is not recognized. No rule exists". Half my Veeam clients are getting this. Someone under Veeam's roof knows when this will be fixed, so not sure why we can't get a realistic ETA so that we have something to tell clients. Love Veeam historically, but we're losing confidence. We have a short window to get answers or a fix, otherwise we're moving to something else. We can't continue to put our clients at risk, especially these days with companies working remote. If building managers shut down or turn off power, we have no access to offsite backups so that we can spin up something. And if we do, we have to explain why data is 3 weeks old. Not good.
dalbertson
Veeam Software

Post by dalbertson »

@tmsplatt

This issue was not related to a v10 bug. It was related to storage. If you have an issue with bugs I suggest opening a new forum post and list open cases. The product managers will check into it and track.
tmsplatt
Novice
Liked: never

Copy jobs to cloud provider failing. Case 04087364

Post by tmsplatt »

Semantics, call it what you want. And it's not "was", it "IS". It's affecting multiple customers of mine and multiple partners for the datacenter. The point is that it doesn't work and Veeam is not giving sufficient answers. I suggest fixing it or proving a reasonable ETA so that we can calm down ticked off clients. I also searched for "List Open Cases" and this topic was in the list. If List Open Cases is an actual topic and separate thread, you don't make it easy to find. Don't see that anywhere. Case 04087364
dalbertson
Veeam Software

Post by dalbertson »

Again, This topic isnt related to any problems that you are experiencing. I suggest that you start a new post and place in your issues and case #. You will get an answer faster that way.

We are eager to help you but you have to help us as well. You have 3 posts in over 2 years with 2 of those posts being on this topic. Please open a new topic and place the issues you are having in there and if you have a case number and we will make sure to get you an answer and assistance.