Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
crond
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Dmitry Becha

Copy to 2nd repository is not available

Post by crond »

Hi.
I have a job (Job#1) to backup Linux machine using agent managed by server and a "mount point" set as backup object.
Job#1 itself works fine, but I can't add it to Backup copy job (either existing or newly created) and if I go to the Job#1 properties/Storage section the "Configure secondary backup destination for this job" is grey/unavailable.

Jobs were originally created with VBR 10.0 and corresponding Linux agent was deployed on Linux machine.
I tried to upgrade to the latest VBR (10.0.1) and updated Linux agent as well, but it didn't help.

To avoid any doubts I can create copy job/add 2nd repository for other ESXi VMs based jobs.
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2889 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Copy to 2nd repository is not available

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
or newly created
that works fine for me.
either existing
I assume, that you try to add the Linux Agent to a Windows or VMware backup copy job. So you see expected behavior.
the "Configure secondary backup destination for this job" is grey/unavailable.
yep, that's the same for me, because I don't have existing Veeam Agent for Linux backup copy jobs.

If that does not work for you, please open a case and post the case number for reference.

Thanks,
Hannes
crond
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Dmitry Becha

Post by crond »

Thanks for explanation, yes separate copy jobs for agent and for ESXi VM seem to work (at least I can create/configure them).

Just curious what is the reason for not allowing both on the same copy job ?
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2889 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Post by HannesK »

well, there are pros and cons in having different types of jobs. As for now, I would say it's a software design decision that was made long time ago.